Small boat cruise

wildlifeart

My wife and I are scheduled to take what I call a small boat cruise in Alaska this July with All Aboard Yacht Charters. The boat is the Discovery. It is an 87' yacht built in 1931 for the William Morris Agency of So. California and was used to entertain VIPs of that era. Now it is being used for Alaska cruises.

The purpose of the cruise is wildlife viewing as well as seeing the magnificent scenery of Alaska. We will leave from and return to Juneau cruising around Admiralty Island and Tracy Arm. During the day we will do such things as following the whales, watching glaciers calf and watching bears fish for salmon at Pack Creek. The schedule is flexible so we can follow those surprised we encounter. Late in the day we will anchor. We will go ashore to explore some secluded area or we can fish for Salmon, halibut and crab. The cruise lasts 1 week.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this particular adventure to help give us a better idea as to what to expect? Would any of you like to hear about the cruise after we return?

We are really looking forward to this cruise and seeing wildlife up close and personal.

wildlifeart

Archived