Question on US Direct

jmichael110

I posted this in the "Alaska" board as well but thought I would come to the "Carnival" group as well....

Hello everyone, I'm am fairly new here, been lurking for awhile but haven't really posted much.

I am booked on the Carnival Spirit on 8/22/07 and have a group of six of us flying in from Las Vegas directly to Vancouver arriving at like 10:15am.

We would like to do the US Direct by tagging our bags ahead of time and skipping customs (we already have transfers pre-purchased).

A couple people in my group are nervous about the fact that you don't claim your luggage and that Carnival pulls it and sends it right to the ship.

My question is this: Has anyone had any problem with lost luggage doing the US Direct thing? If so, how do you handle it? You really wouldn't even know there is a problem until you've set sail (unlike claiming your bags yourself). Will Carnival handle tracking it down for you?

Personally, 2 years ago I was on the same cruise and Carnival grabbed our bags and we had no problems (except that our names weren't on the US Direct "list" and we still had to go through customs, but it wasn't bad).

Anyway, after my ramblings, any information anyone can provide would be great. Thanks!

Archived