Carnival question

Sweetest Sin

I'm trying to plan a romantic vacation with my hubby and the thought of a cruise was brought up. We've been on one Carnival cruise 5 or 6 years ago (cozumel, grand cayman, ocho rios) and we had fun. But I'm wondering if Carnival is going to have the romantic atmosphere that we're looking for. We also like to stay up late (not 6am late) to dance and have fun, so I don't think Royal Caribbean is for us. We were looking at the Valor at the Western Caribbean route. Any input is appreciated!

We haven't been on any Conquest class ship. (one of which the Valor is) We will be on the Liberty in Oct. so I can tell you more about the layout then. We actually prefer the Spirit class, but they have a quieter night life.

You're welcome for the welcome. :)

I guess my only comment would be that I tend not to think of really crowded places as overly "romantic". On paper the Conquest class ships seem a little bit dense. I think if you booked just about any cruise but chose a Balcony room, you'd always have at least one quiet spot to retreat to. And there is the Supper Club to go to for a more intimate dinner venue.

I personally think that any place can be romantic or at the very least have romantic spots and moments. Disney World is romantic. A cruise is romantic. Heck, my friend thought the hockey game was romantic when her boyfriend proposed to her at one. :p

I think a cruise is a great idea because you can make it as romantic as you want it to be...If you want to hide away in your room, you can...If you want to watch the sunset while sipping a cocktail, you can. If you want to order in room service and have breakfast in bed, you can...If your ship offers a supper club you can have an intimate and fantastic meal for just two. If you want to stay up all night dancing and watch the sunrise, you can.

My hubby and I are going on a cruise for our 1st wedding anniversary on 9/22/07 and we are looking forward to having a romantic and fun time just the two of us.

The best thing about a cruise is you can make it what you want it!!

I hope you and your hubby have a romantic, fun time!!

I personally think that any place can be romantic or at the very least have romantic spots and moments. Disney World is romantic. A cruise is romantic. Heck, my friend thought the hockey game was romantic when her boyfriend proposed to her at one. :p

Hey We went to a hocky game on our honeymoon!!!:)

Have sailed the Valor twice in the past year, once in Nov. and again in April. Loved the ship, although it does take a few days to get used to the deck plans for the dining rooms.

Also sailed the Legend in January and liked it so well that we are taking its sister ship, the Miracle, on a January 08 cruise with the same itinerary as our cruise on the Legend last January.

Valor did not seem too crowded and the Legend did not seem too small.

I think you will find romance where ever you wish to search. Enjoy your cruise which ever ship or itinerary you chose to take.

Dianne

Thanks for all the input...I guess what you're saying can be said of any vacation really...it's all what you make of it, and the things we decide to do...

I had to go back to my old cruise pictures to figure out what ship and when we sailed...boy did that bring some memories :)

I had to go back to my old cruise pictures to figure out what ship and when we sailed...boy did that bring some memories :)

Memories are part of that romance you are looking for, memories of past great times and a future time to build even more great memories.:)

Dianne

southern carribbean is more romantic great beaches and restaraunts lots of clubs...western carribbean more for kids more adventure......my opinion much better on rccl than carnival...carnival is great if you love pizza,hamburgers,hot dogs,french fries and plenty of kids...i have cruised both rccl worth the xtra money

I think this is a wonderful idea. You'll be able to make your own private time but also have lots to do on a Carnival cruise. Great ports to have some fun at (and that's romantic because it's making more wonderful memories).

We just came back from a Princess cruise (eastern) for our anniversary. It was great but to be honest.....I think we had more fun and romance on our Carnival cruise in March. It was wonderful.

Have a great time!

Being romantic isn't where you are, it's who you are with.....but yes I thought Carnival was very romantic when my husband and I sailed on the Miracle in June. Especially sitting on the balcony at night listening to the water or walking along the outer deck at night holding hands. Or having a lovely dinner in the supper club. It was all very romantic for us. :D

Archived