Itinerary question!

andi_bell

Hi all! I am in the process of scheduling an 2005 Disney 7 day cruise, and am thinking of the Oct 22 and November 19 (Thanksgiving) Western Caribbean sailings. Besides the obvious cost differences, the itinerary is different. On the October cruise, they are going to Key West; on the November cruise, they are dumping the Keys and going to Castaway Cay twice.

Any opinions of whether this itinerary change is much more preferable? I'd appreciate any feedback! Also, anyone have any experience on holiday cruises? Are they much different than weeks when a major holiday isn't occurring?

Thanks a lot!

Andi

I would ask your question on disboards.com. They are very disney oriented. Some people would love the two days at CC. It depends on if you want the Key West stop. If you could live without it, I would do the two days at CC. Good luck.

Do you have young children? I keep hearing that Key West is not exactly a family friendly port, especially for young children. However most Disney fans seem to love Castaway Cay. We are going on this cruise on DCL in October this year and have the Key West itinerary. We are doing the Conch Train around the island, some shopping then probably head back to the ship. Our children are ages 6 & 5 and most of the excursions don't seem appealing or age appropriate. I would definately recommend the Disney boards as a place to get lots of opinions on this.

Someone told me there was some big festival in Key West in Nov and that is why Disney isn't going there then. I have been to Key West and it is very nice. I didn;t think there was that much there for children though. There are a lot of people drinking large quanties of alcohol. If you like going to the beach, I would do the 2 days at Castway Cay.

There is NOT much for children in Key West but I do recommend the Key West Butterfly Conservatory if you choose that itinerary. A short (cheap) cab ride to the other side of the island and you are there.

Don't know if this will work, but here is a link to my webshots album from our stop to visit the butterflies on the Celebrity Galaxy last September:

[url]http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=94368009[/url]

Archived