Good eating near Brooklyn Pier or Red Hook Park?

Boethius

Marriottt Brooklyn Bridge would be your best bet I think. Not cheap though

What's wrong with the Brooklyn Motor Lodge? It's new, no frills but clean - one block from cruise pier - and only $120 for Sunday night? I checked Hotel LeBleu - their "best rate" was nearly $400!:eek:

Its not new its about 4 years old and I know where it is....its really not a nice area to stay. Its not near any mass transit to get into Manhattan or any place else. The others listed above are in better areas for mass transit. Most sitting a top a subway stop or at the most one or two blocks aways.

I have never stayed at this motel-the Brooklyn Motor Lodge -and if you are only staying there because its close to the pier, stay outside the city and drive in the day of the cruise in my opinion.

Its a highly air polluted area. That's why....but that is my opinion....

Its not new its about 4 years old and I know where it is....its really not a nice area to stay. Its not near any mass transit to get into Manhattan or any place else. The others listed above are in better areas for mass transit. Most sitting a top a subway stop or at the most one or two blocks aways.

I have never stayed at this motel-the Brooklyn Motor Lodge -and if you are only staying there because its close to the pier, stay outside the city and drive in the day of the cruise in my opinion. We're flying in the day before sailing - we don't plan on going into Manhattan - just need a place to rest our heads for a few hours, then the hotel will drive us over to the terminal for $6 or $7 - don't u think this will suffice? I really do appreciate all the info ya'll are providing:D

I have never stayed at this motel-the Brooklyn Motor Lodge -and if you are only staying there because its close to the pier, stay outside the city and drive in the day of the cruise in my opinion. We're flying in the day before sailing - we don't plan on going into Manhattan - just need a place to rest our heads for a few hours, then the hotel will drive us over to the terminal for $6 or $7 - don't u think this will suffice? I really do appreciate all the info ya'll are providing:D

Arecibo will drive you from any of the hotels mentioned for $10.00 or less.

It will be a bed but the feel of New York will be lacking.

The Brooklyn Motor Lodge is literally at the entrance to the pier(at Imlay and Van Brunt if you walked out the back of the motel)....I personally would try the Hotel Blue if the price was right and then the Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn express in that order first with the Motor Lodge being a distant one. I would also look for any Bed and breakfest in Boreum Hill, Brooklyn Heights, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, or Park Slope but even the Motor Lodge is better than staying at the airport.

you'all is welcome :)

I have never stayed at this motel-the Brooklyn Motor Lodge -and if you are only staying there because its close to the pier, stay outside the city and drive in the day of the cruise in my opinion.

Its a highly air polluted area. That's why....but that is my opinion....

I don't know what hotel you are thinking of but the Brooklyn Motor Lodge that is one block from the pier is brand new.

I wouldn't stay there, nothing there but for just 1 night getting in after 9pm it will be fine.

I don't know what hotel you are thinking of but the Brooklyn Motor Lodge that is one block from the pier is brand new.

I wouldn't stay there, nothing there but for just 1 night getting in after 9pm it will be fine.

It was opened before the pier took its first ship -four years ago. I define brand new as less than a year. I live near here. I saw it when it first opened.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60827-d548322-r3500739-Brooklyn_Motor_Inn-Brooklyn_New_York.html

there is a review from May 2005!

Archived