NCL Star pool

kalama

Hi,

We are planning our first Alaska cruise for May 2005. We've only been on Disney Cruise Line. My 7 year old son loves pools and the slides. Is the pool open on Alaska cruises? Is it heated?

Thanks!

When we were on the Star in January, the pools (all of them except for the spa pool) are outside and not heated.

The back of the ship has the kids pool area. There are two pools with slides, one larger pool (still only about 10 by 10) an infant pool and a jaccuzzi which was warm, not hot. The water was warm but we were cruising Hawaii.

The main pool has two large slides which looked very fun but they are also not covered.

I do not have updated information as to whether they planned on wiring the pools but according to the cruise director, they didnt plan on covering any of them.

By the way, my 6 year old and 4 year old had a terrific time in the kids club. The hours at sea are 9-12, 2-5 and 7-9. At lunch we took them out and went straight to the pool....while everyone else was eating lunch, we had the pool area to ourselves. We then had time to eat and dry off for the afternoon session. At the dinner break, there was enough time to give showers, eat at the buffet and get the kids back in at 7...then we could dine sans kids. It worked out great for us.

Archived