Sitka - fishing or sea otter and wildlife excursion

ngraystark

Need some advice - we have not been to Sitka before and are trying to decide between fishing and a wildlife excursion. Any advice? We are already booked to fish in Ketchikan and wildlife cruise in Juneau. We enjoy both equally?? What to do??

As much as I enjoyed the Sea Otter cruise in Sitka if you have fishing and whale watching in other ports, I'd consider kayaking in Sitka Sound or just spending the say enjoying all that Sitka itself has to offer - Raptor Center, Bishops House, Museum, St Michaels... check out http://www.sitka.org. Just my opinion.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">One can never have too many days at sea...</font> icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

I loved the Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest in Sitka. It, along with Captain Larry's whale watch, were my favorite excursions on the trip. On the Sitka excursion, besides humpbacks, I saw bald eagles, sea otters, and harbor seals, which I did not see on any other tour.

Thanks for your comments - we are not kayakers so still looking to see if there are any replies on the fishing in Sitka before making a final decision. Celebrity also offers a wildlife and beach excursion, anyone who has been on that excursion, that can give us some feedback?

Archived