Sun Questions

wiselindag

For anyone who has recently been on the Sun in Alaska,

1) What time did they allow boarding?

2) Was lunch served in the dining room as well as in the buffet?

3) How far up Tracy Arm were you able to sail? Did you get to see the glaciers?

4) Were you docked or did you tender in Ketchikan?

Thanks for your assistance. I'll do a long review on our return.

Linda

I was on the Sun to Alaska the first week of May. We arrived about 1230PM and were onboard by 200PM, (you have to go through security, pre clear US customs/immigration, and then check in) . We did a back to back and got off in between, for the second part we reboarded about noon, there were no lines and they were already checking people in.

Lunch was served in the Seven Seas restaurant on the 1st day. I think it was until around 2pm -230pm.

We had taken the Catamaram excursion to Tracey Arm and got very close to one of the glaicers, but couldn't get near the other one due to the ice. The ship did get into Tracey Arm, and they could see one of the glaciers from a distance.

We docked in all of the ports, but it was early in the year and there weren't as many ships in port.

Just returned from Alaska on the Sun - July 29 to August 5. Arrived at the port at about 1:15pm and were in the room within half an hour. Luggage arrived 10 minutes later.

The Seven Seas Dining Room is open each day for lunch - check you daily for times. We did not eat in the dining room for lunch but dinners were fantastic.

Had a great view of both Glaciers in the Tracy Arm. Ship stop between the two Glaciers.

We docked in Ketchikan - no tender.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We were on the Sun the week of July 22-29 and we did tender at Ketchikan. I have heard that they rotate with other ships or something. Our naturalist said that we got further up Tracy Arm than he has seen in 5 years. It was absolutely fabulous! We arrived in plenty of time to get on early but some person on the no fly list has a bogus passport with my number on it so we sat outside the security office over an hour extra. Enjoy Alaska!

Archived