Can I reach someone via e-mail onboard?

mmsoko

Seems I recall that an e-mail could be sent to someone onboard.

Recall needing to use name and cabin # in subject line.

Anyone know the details? and e-mail address for Celebrity Galaxy?

Wouldn't it just be easier for you to send an email to their email address...so that, if need be, they can respond?

They'll need an email account at a service they can travel with...free ones include yahoo and hotmail.

They'll also need to pay a by-the-minute charge to access email (and use internet) on board.

The used to have a feature like that which resulted in a message on the recipients phone that they had an email waiting - they also had to pay couple dollars for each such email sent or received. But I don't see it mentioned on Celebrity's web site, nor in some recent cruise docs we got last week for an upcoming cruise. I think it went away when Celebrity got rid of their prior internet services vendor earlier this year.

I think your current choices are to phone the ship (you pay with credit card something like $5 to $7/minute), fax them (they pay for the fax received), try their cell phone (they pay something like $2.50/minute if they answer while on the ship), or email to their regular email address and hope they log on and check for messages.

X used to provide pax with a unique cruise email address but that was stopped about a year ago. Guess it was not needed with so many people having hotmail etc accts now.

With hotmail, gmail and the like, it's much easier and cheaper for the person just to establish an email account you can access from the net. As others have said, you would have to pay to receive emails to the "ship" account they would establish for you whereas with hotmail or gmail, the account is free and they will just pay for the net time. Our friend goes to local internet cafes or li8braries and finds it to be cheaper and, more importantly, a great deal faster than ship's internet, which is pathetically slow. Slower than dial-up by a long shot.

Archived