Mariner of the Seas- Western

Hi, we are going on this cruise in November and I have a few questions to ask. Maybe someone can help us out.

What happens with the late seatings do you think we will miss the shows?

How can you find out what is on the menu prior to sailing?

Can we get snacks like potato chips from room service?

Has anyone rented a car in Grand Cayman? We want to go to Rum Point, we heard it is so nice.

Who do you tip on the cruise? Has anyone ever tipped the Ocean Adventures Staff?

Is bottle water free or do you need to have a beverage card?

Is juice part of your beverage card?

Can you ice skate any part of the day?

I really appreciate any info you can supply, thanks for your time.

Jennifer:)

There are shows for late seating after dinner (10:45pm I believe) and one show before dinner..depending on ship...don't worry you will not miss the shows..:)

Food: Not sure if someone has posted them on here..you can get snacks from room service but I am not sure if PC in on the list. I would assume so, sorry never ordered RS....there are plenty in th promenade, cookies, pasteries and pizza and mini sandwiches that are delicous....

No rental experience...sorry

You tip, your housekeeper,your waiter and assistant waiter the Mat. D and yes I have heard that people tip the AO staff b/c they are so impressed by their work with the kids, not sure if this is a must by rule.

bottle water is not free assume you can use your soda card or your seapass card...never used..

juice is free-

Check the compass as there are certain timeframes for skating.

Hope this helps and enjoy.....:)

You will love this ship & itenerary. The youth activities and facilities are excellent. We suggest Peat Taylor in Ocho Rios. This is really the only port where it is better to book an organized tour.

Try this link for info, including Menus, etc. The menus are subject to change, but we found the ones posted here to be fairly accurate.

http://cruiseclues.com/shipstips/marineroftheseas.htm

Have a great time!

Mariner is a great ship! You'll enjoy it.

Bottled water is not free and is not included with the soda card. It's Evian, $3.95/bottle as of early this year. The ship's water tastes fine to me, and I'm picky. ;) Juice is included with the card.

Ice skating is offered at certain times. The earliest are usually listed for advanced skaters; other times are for everyone. If you have a minor who wants to skate, a parent/guardian will have to be there to sign a release (same with the rock climbing wall, BTW). Don't forget to pack long pants for skating!

Have a good time!

Chris

Chris, that's good to know about the water. I have read in some posts, that things are pricey on this ship. I'm glad to know that so I will be prepared. The kids will have a limit at the arcades for sure ($2. a game).

There have great reviews. I checked out pictures of the ship, kids clubs, pools, dining room, etc. Looks incredible.

EDFURR, The menus look great. Can't wait, thanks for those sites.

Good nite for now, Jennifer

Archived