looking for excursions suggestions

cabrx

I'm looking for suggestions on what to do at port (note : this site has never failed me in the past). It's myself, husband, daughter 17 and son 14. I have been reading the previous posts and still am at a lost. I would like Stingray city, but we are not snorkelers. We like to sight-see and we like beaches. We will be on the Mariner the week of Dec. 30/07. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I have never visited this port before. Thanks in advance.

Stingray City is awesome and you don't have to snorkel. The water is waist/chest high at the most. The stingray swim all around you and you can touch them and feed them.

We also liked the tour of the Turtle Farm.

Seven Mile Beach is very nice for a relaxing afternoon.

Do NOT miss Stingray City! We just went for the second time and had a blast! Like the previous poster said, you can stand up! You can wear a mask to look under the water and stuff, but you don't have to snorkel. They recommend you keeping your feet on the bottom anyways so that you won't accidentally step on the stingrays. It's not scary at all and these beautiful creatures are extremely gentle and harmless! Take Captain Marvins to have a great time with a small group!

my husband and I both 31 booked a tour with Nativeway.

The tour includes stingray city, turtle farm, hell, tortuga rum factory (?) and they will drop you off at seven mile beach or back at the pier.

You may want to check their website out. They have had great reviews from our fellow cc members.

http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/

happy travels,

terboo:p

Archived