Urgent Auckland Glow Worms & Air Deviation

wblevin

We are booked on the Mercury in January and the TA is demanding we confirm air travel deviations today - which I think is really weird considering that we haven't even made final payment.

Anyway - We arrive in Auckland at 7am (ish) on Sunday morning. I believe the glow worm caves are about 2-2/1/2 hours from Auckland - something we would really like to see. After debarkation - and hopefully we would get our own tour to the caves, will we have enought time to make it back for a flight at 7:30 pm from Auckland? Is there anything else (I haven't had the time to do a lot of research on the ports yet) that I shouldn't miss that would keep me in Auckland till Monday vs. leaving Sunday evening??

Thank you all so much!

Hi Wendy

Yes it is entirely doable from Auckland to The glow worm caves at Waitomo. It would however be a full day going through mostly rolling farm lands. There are other points of interest such as Kiwi habitats at Otorahanga, nearby.I will look up a couple of web sites for you to study.

There is however, quite a large range of sights to see in Auckland, which has near 11/2 million people in the region, being by far New Zealand's largest city, so I will post a couple of sites to look at there as well

Alan

Wendy

Here are a few sites you may like to look at re NZ. http://www.newzealand.com/travel/ http://www.aucklandnz.com and http://www.tata.co.nz.

The bus trips to Waitomo all seem to leave about 8am and don't return till around 5.30pm, which may be too late for your check in. Email me on jayteam@xtra.co.nz if you would like a bit more help

wblevin,

Our TA requested confirmation of our air deviation as well. The reason given was that the cost of the airfare was going up as of the 10th and they wanted it locked in. Any changes after tomorrow was going to cost more. So, don't know about your TA, but could be the same reasoning.

Dee

We are booked on the Mercury in January and the TA is demanding we confirm air travel deviations today - which I think is really weird considering that we haven't even made final payment.

Anyway - We arrive in Auckland at 7am (ish) on Sunday morning. I believe the glow worm caves are about 2-2/1/2 hours from Auckland - something we would really like to see. After debarkation - and hopefully we would get our own tour to the caves, will we have enought time to make it back for a flight at 7:30 pm from Auckland? Is there anything else (I haven't had the time to do a lot of research on the ports yet) that I shouldn't miss that would keep me in Auckland till Monday vs. leaving Sunday evening??

Thank you all so much!

Now if it was me & I had to answer right now--I WOULD add the extra day if you are able--no problem--you will find something to do I am sure..course you will need a hotel..but that also can be worked out later..

Now looking at where you are form--anything I might say would be null & void--since it is now after most business time frame, they'd be closed now I suppose.

Thank you all so much!

It's quite a journey to the Waitomo Glow worm caves for one day. It is fantastic and well worth it but you will be really pushing it to get there, do the tour and get back for a 7.30pm flight. There is not a freeway to get you there quickly. The tour takes about 50 minutes if you are just doing the Waitomo Caves, there is more than one cave. You have to get back to Auckland and be checked in at the airport by 5.30pm at the latest. Good luck, hope you make it.

Jillybean:)

Archived