Granduer Review 8/15 Sailing

teach01

Recently returned from the Grandeur. Here is my review, hope it helps any questions--please let me know!

Embarkation---this was painless, other than the 40 min. wait to board after everything was finished. Recevied a 6 (or a 9 depends who you ask) to enter boat---NO ONE EVER LOOKED AT the number! There was NO lemonade nor cookies while we waited. There was a group selling food that was all.

The Room---It was bigger than I imagined itwas going to be. We were on deck 7 lager stateroom cat k or l I cannot remember. The cabin steward kept the room very clean!!! The mattress left ALOT to be desired!!!! My husband compained about his constantly (to me) until he laid on my side of the bed! They were very thin and lumpy! Did not use the over the door shoe rack-had AMPLE space---also WISHED I had brought a travel clock!!!

The ship---BEAUTIFUL

The food---went to dining room 3x it was great! The service and the food were excellent! My only complaint is that dinner in the dining room was a VERY LONG. No they did not enforce the dress requirements but that did not bother me!

The entertainment---the cruise drector and his staff were energetic and has alot of good activites. The 2 comedians and the the dancers/singer were subpar in my opinoin---I have seen better at HS talent shows!!! Ddi not bother to go the the farwell show with Lance Ringald (the gymnast), did watch on TV though and i saw his sitting at a piano and singing and realized I did not miss much! Did not go to the shows that the dancers/singers had becasue I was not impressed with them the first night---again saw alittle part on TV and again missed NOTHING (adult karokee was WAY BETTER!!!)

MISC---they did not check any bags for liquor or otherwise. Had locks on all suitcases, asked if they needed to be removed, were told NO! they were still on there when we received our luggage (not TSA locks). When returning from port with alcohol, they DID NOT hold any bottles---you were allowed to take them to your stateroom, same with purchases on board!

KIDS----I am a teacher, and a parent and I have NEVER in my life seen such a group of misbehaved kids in my life! A huge part of the problem was the parents let these kids ROAM FREE!!!! The worse ones were the 12 to about 15 year olds!!!! You name it they did it!!! The parents were crazy enough to let the kids have free rein----if several girls did not get pregnant on this ship it would only be due to a miracle! The kids were doing ANYTHING!!!!!! RC did not enfore the 1am curfew nor did they make them leave the audlt pool and jacuzzi when not with a parent/adult!

Overall the cruise was great---a couple of dislikes though!

1. The itinerary----Freeport---Key West----COCO CAY---Port Canveral---each time we came back to the US we had to get up VERY early for customs---which is a JOKE--they barely look at docs and then send you on your way---it takes LONGER for you to get up get down there and wait in line than for them to inspect ANYHTING!

2. Leaving the ship----SOMETHING needs to be done!!!! Up at 7:30am out of room by 8am and for WHAT?---to sit for another 2hours and 45min to leave the ship!!!!!!

Would I cruise again---YES on a bigger ship---Voyager class perhaps and on an itinerary that leaves and enters the US at the beginning and the end!

ANy questions/comments let me know.

Archived