Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Oct. 25 Transatlantic

emmette_cub

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Mark is in banking and I am in the travel business. I will be sailing the QM2 next week as well. We will be in late dining.

What's your name, Emmette? Is that your real name?

Bruce

I am a computer nerd for a mortgage company and a part time home based travel agent. This is my Cunard Commodore cruise. We are also in late dining.

Emmette is my middle name. Robert is my first name and mom's name is Debbie.

Looking forward to the QM2. Do you have any photos from your past cruises on her?

Hi Robert,

I will send some pix upon my return from the crossing tomorrow. Let me know if there is anything special you want me photograph on board. I have lots of QM2 pix on the computer, but will add some this time.

Bruce

Anyone read up on this thread? Am I crazy for even reading it?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=247827

I got a few pages into the thread and realized we are booked close to this cabin and also disembarking in New York on Halloween.

What do the experienced QM2 cruisers have to say about all this? This could be interesting, end up being nothing at all, or scary?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any pointers for an airport to port transfer and London city tour in one that is reasonably priced? Everything I see is 250 pounds and up. We are arriving in London the day of the cruise and would like to see London for a few hours if we can before heading to the port. Any recommendations? Thanks.

My partner and I are on the Queen. We are sailiing on October19 and back on Oct 25. We have been on several transatlantic cruises but our first time on the Queen or Cunard. Glad we won't be the only family members on board.

My partner and I are on the Queen. We are sailiing on October19 and back on Oct 25. We have been on several transatlantic cruises but our first time on the Queen or Cunard. Glad we won't be the only family members on board.

Great, the more the "Mary-er." Sorry for the bad pun LOL.

I will be on this sailing with mom as a gift to her but I think she will fine with coming to the FOD meetings.

I just got back from the August 25th crossing and the Labor Day cruise. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the ship. Emmette cub, I will send pix as soon as I load them onto the computer.

I will be taking the Victoria Coach station transfer to the ship.

I am excited that author Lynn Truss (Eats, Shoots and Leaves) will be the guest lecturer on this sailing.

Bruce

Hi guys! Adam and I will be doing our "Commodore" sailing on the October 19th sailing. May I ask what category you were confirmed in and if you were upgraded (for free or payment) or not.

Thanks!

Hi Mike. Can you e-mail me directly at robert@techsvcs.com to discuss this question? I'd rather answer this offline so not to cause drama, etc.

I just got back from the August 25th crossing and the Labor Day cruise. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about the ship. Emmette cub, I will send pix as soon as I load them onto the computer.

I will be taking the Victoria Coach station transfer to the ship.

I am excited that author Lynn Truss (Eats, Shoots and Leaves) will be the guest lecturer on this sailing.

Bruce

Great, thanks Bruce.

So you are staying in London the night before departure? I would like to take a short tour in London with Mom before we leave but no decent options are really out there.

Agreed, yes, some of lectures do look interesting. You don't get those on the other lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any pointers for an airport to port transfer and London city tour in one that is reasonably priced? Everything I see is 250 pounds and up. We are arriving in London the day of the cruise and would like to see London for a few hours if we can before heading to the port. Any recommendations? Thanks.

We will be in London at the end of the month. There will be 4 of us, so I think the rate is higher.

Try: www.limo.co.uk or email eddie@limo.co.uk

Price we have from LHR to city: 60 GBP, and from city to Dover the next day 195 GBP> I think he also has tours.

We will be in London at the end of the month. There will be 4 of us, so I think the rate is higher.

Try: www.limo.co.uk or email eddie@limo.co.uk

Price we have from LHR to city: 60 GBP, and from city to Dover the next day 195 GBP> I think he also has tours.

Thanks for the info but I think we will stick with Cunard at $80 per person.

Hey guys – I just replied over on the Roll Call board for this sailing ~

To reintroduce myself my name is Seth and I am from Charlotte NC – this too is my Commodore cruise. From what I have heard there will be lots of us onboard. My Cunard rep said that they were planning some special treats for us… I am crossing my fingers for behind the scenes tours. ;)

Emmett – Robert: I think it would be very cool if the ship was haunted. I did the QM1 haunted tour and wouldn’t be surprised if it were true for her younger sister. Do you think the ship will have any Halloween parties?

I am debating on getting my dining switched to late – especially after reading the stats on the Roll Call board.

I’d love to hear your story on the “haunting” and if you got an upgrade – feel free to email me – seth.widdowson@gmail.com.

Have a great day!

Seth :)

Hey guys – I just replied over on the Roll Call board for this sailing ~

To reintroduce myself my name is Seth and I am from Charlotte NC – this too is my Commodore cruise. From what I have heard there will be lots of us onboard. My Cunard rep said that they were planning some special treats for us… I am crossing my fingers for behind the scenes tours. ;)

Emmett – Robert: I think it would be very cool if the ship was haunted. I did the QM1 haunted tour and wouldn’t be surprised if it were true for her younger sister. Do you think the ship will have any Halloween parties?

I am debating on getting my dining switched to late – especially after reading the stats on the Roll Call board.

I’d love to hear your story on the “haunting” and if you got an upgrade – feel free to email me – seth.widdowson@gmail.com.

Have a great day!

Seth :)

Welcome Seth. Curious what other special treats are in store? I think the thread I mentioned about the haunting is a little over the top but you never know? I think they will do something for halloween. I always do late dining. I'll forward my commodore e-mail conversation to your address.

Hey folks,

We are on the 25th sailing as well. We know of two other gay couples from Atlanta that are on this sailing.

What is a Commodore Cruise?

Thanks

C & D

Welcome guys. Robert from Atlanta here as well. What are your pre-cruise arrangements? We may be on the same flight/transfer.

Myself, Seth, and Bruce are travel agents and have completed the Cunard Commodore training program and we are on this cruise to further our agent training.

Archived