Zip Line rocked!

Just back from a 5 day on Carnival. I will write more in a review, but I hadn't found much on the boards about ziplining before we went. I have to say it was one of the highlights of our trip! We pre-booked through Carnival with All Tour Natives, (not sure I spelled that exactly right), with Yugo as our guide. If you have teens or anyone who loves a challenge, consider it.

We pre-booked the Mayan Jungle Explorer through Carninval and were met by Yugo of AllTourNative Off Track Adventures at the pier. It was great, but then it was great weather. Yugo said it runs rain or shine, though if there is lightning he will suspend activities. I can't imagine doing all we did in the rain. We biked some, 3 miles I think, over pretty rough terrain. I think we could have skipped that since we didn't see much. We were supposed to see a mini plantation but the growing season was over. It was hard, but felt good after all the rich food we had been eating on the ship! Then we ziplined three tracks through and above the jungle. If you have a fear of heights be aware. It was awesome! I had nine in my group, the kids ages were 11,14,16 and 18. They all said it was the highlight of the trip. We also got to snorkel in a cavern, the cold water felt great after all the activity. They also show a Mayan Purification ceremony in a cave. It was smoky but very interesting. Then they offer real mexican food cooked right there. It's a long day, and not cheap, but we felt it was a great way to spend the day off the beaten path. Transportation is included, and they offer video and photos of your excursion for purchase. Be aware, we didn't think the cd of photos was super high quality, but the video was worth the money. Hope this helps with your decision on how to spend the day. They probably have their own website it might offer more info than what the Carnival site does.

Holly

• 6 months later...

Archived