No 4 berth Balcony Cabins on Independence July 2008

Help - Due to my hubby's holidays we are stuck with holiday dates and wanted to sail on Independence on July 12th from Southhampton however there are no cabins available.

Should I just go and book a fly package or is it likely some will become available?

I was thinking with rising mortgage rates etc that when its time to pay £6000 (thats what 4 berth balconies were costing last month) might hurt some people.

Would appreciate some advice.

Thanks

Big gamble really in my opinion, I know when I rang a few weeks back about booking a family cabin we just couldnt get one in June/July/August as they were fully booked really early! So we have opted for the Canaries over kids half term in October, not ideal, but it will be fine, a couple of days bad weather either way then hopefully a good weeks worth of weather once we are down South, we got a 5 berth cabin easily and are really pleased with what we have got.

That might be a suggestion maybe?

James

It is worth calling (or get your T/A) to call daily - as options expire then 4berth rooms become available. 26July was sold out last week then on Sat there were 5 4-berth rooms available.

RCI can check to see how may 4-berth are on option - you could get your t/a to waitlist for one of these rooms otherwise why not fly to Barcelona or Rome and cruise out of there?

ps: those 5 rooms went instantly on Saturday!

Have you considered the 12 night Med - Venice or Med - Greek Isles cruises on the Brilliance?

There is a July 16th 2008 departure from Barcelona (Venice route) and there are D1 balcony cabins for 4 available for under £6000.

We were considering Independance out of Southampton but, after sailing on Serenade, decided that we loved this class of ship so picked Brilliance instead. The flights to Barcelona can be quite cheap if you book far enough ahead - and even 'tho it's two days shorter, those two days are just spent crossing the Bay of Biscay and that can be unpleasant! I like nice weather on my sea days.:)

Unless you MUST have Independance, I don't think I'd risk waiting to see if anyone cancels - you might then find that the alternatives are booked up as well- especially if you're restricted on dates.

Archived