Formal night on 7 day itineraries?

pvangordon

Okay, so:

Suit/tux and long dress/gown on formal night
Suit and cocktail dress on semi-formal
Button-up shirt/slacks and casual dress the rest of the nights

I know this is typical attire for various nights on other lines, but Disney seems so much more casual. I have to bring some nicer stuff anyway for dinner at Palo and high tea.

Thanks much for the answers!

"Suit/tux and long dress/gown on formal night
Suit and cocktail dress on semi-formal
Button-up shirt/slacks and casual dress the rest of the nights"

On our 2 7 day cruises I took a black suit and grey slacks. The black suit on formal night and the black coat and gray slacks on semi formal. My wife took 2 nice dresses, not long, and she looked beautiful as well.
Slacks and golf shirts were appropiate the remainder of the time.
Remember you will have one night where everyone wears shorts and loud shirts to dinner.
Have a great trip.
Russ

How about the 4 day Wonder cruise? I understand dress is by what restuarant you are in at night and the restuarants rotate. I am just wondering do most go really formal or is it more like dressy church wear at Triton's and Palo's?

For standard nights on the shorter cruise, I wore a long sleeveless summer dress and DH wore Dockers and a long-sleeved button-up. Worked fine in all dining rooms, including Palo. We skipped Parrot Cay which I believe is the most casual.

A couple from our regular seating tried to get into Palo but were turned away when they showed up in jeans.

FYI - I was on the 3-night, so there was no "semi-formal" or "formal" night. This was just our experience for the standard nights.

[quote name='pvangordon']For standard nights on the shorter cruise, I wore a long sleeveless summer dress and DH wore Dockers and a long-sleeved button-up. Worked fine in all dining rooms, including Palo. We skipped Parrot Cay which I believe is the most casual.

A couple from our regular seating tried to get into Palo but were turned away when they showed up in jeans.

FYI - I was on the 3-night, so there was no "semi-formal" or "formal" night. This was just our experience for the standard nights.[/QUOTE]
Did you go to Tritons and Palos on your 3 day cruise? I understand both are formal and that is why I was asking about them. We were told we would go to all 3 restuarants and then would repeat one restuarant the last night. We are hoping we can go to Palos that night if they aren't over booked.

I just want to know can I just go dressy or should I go really formal?

We had Triton's, AP and Parrot Cay scheduled for our rotation. I had heard that PC was the "best" to miss if scheduling Palo, so we did that on the last night. Basically I wore the type of outfit I mentioned earlier and had no problems. I guess that's fine for regular nights; this time I have to (get to?) bring dressier clothes for a couple of the evenings.

Also, Palo has a high tea on sea days for longer cruises, so I'm looking forward to that!

Archived