Just Back from Horizon

boxerdognj

We sailed 8/14 on Horizon and survived Charley. Seas were rough Saturday night but we had the most incredible weather remainder of week. Sunny skies and warm weather, was beautiful.

I was skeptical of Horizon, have sailed primarily larger ships and newer. I was very pleased with Horizon, we had the best service in all of the sailings we've taken. Waiter was Marcel and busboy was Julian, they were GREAT GREAT GREAT, table 48. I truly can't say enough about these fine young men, they truly went above board to satisfy this demanding table of 8. We hope to see them again next July, yes entire group is looking to book for July 9th sailing on Horizon.

If you need info please let me know, will be glad to answer any questions I can.

Debbie, Really glad you had a wonderful time. There is a grace about the ship and crew that isn't found on big ships! Also really glad Charlie calmed down a bit before it made it too bad.

? on Safes. They are in all cabins, refrigerators (mini bars) are not.

Gail, Is it my imagination or were you there? You must have seen them a million times! It isn't letting me on at work either and they are my pictures! I will try to have it straightened out by tomorrow morning since we are going out to dinner tonight. Otherwise, I can email them to anyone that wants them.

Ok, sneaky way around. Go to webshots.com click on community, type Horizon in search and one of the pictures will show up under donnaw7471. If you click on it you can get to the rest.

Ok, I'm busted! Yes, I was there and yes, I've seen them, a lot, but now I'm booked!!!! So I want to see what I'm getting....again!:rolleyes:

I'll try the other way. Thanks! You really need to be with me on this balcony, having breakfast you know!:D

We were in cabins 9055; 9057 and 9059 and all had safes.

We didn't notice any refurbishments while on board nor did the staff mention any upcoming plans during our connections meeting. Rich was the cruise director during our sailing and I truly can't remember the social hostess although I do remember she was from Belgium and very sweet. Jeff and Paul were also among the staff.

Wonderful people all of them, and a wonderful ship.

Gail, You just might see me there if I win the lottery (don't know what we'll do with the little chubby guy but I'll figure something out!)! Then I'll be able to tell the boss where to put my 3 weeks vacation. I do get comp time for working weekends and till eight at night but I really try to limit that to when I have to! Next project is figuring out how I can retire by 53!

You will all have a great time on a great ship!

CC party was at 9:30am second day out. Cruise director Rich was there for short time and social hostess. About 16 people showed out of I believe 32 who signed up for party. I think it may have been to early for some of the group. We really didn't discuss much with the staff, it was more an informal get to know one another from the site. Thanked staff for setting it up since I believe it is a great gesture.

We are leaving for Bermuda on Horizon this Saturday (8/28) and I have a question: what time did you arrive at the pier and did you have to wait very long?? My DH and I have been discussing the time we should try to arrive. I'd like to arrive by 11:00 and he wants to wait another half hour or so. I know it's only a half hour but when we went on our RCI cruises the earlier we arrived the less time we waited. Oh, one other question...what is the story with refrigerators in the cabins? We are on the Atlantic Deck - category 4. Just wondering if we will have one.

Thanks for the info and I'm glad that you didn't have any problems getting to Bermuda. I hope we have good weather too!

Donna

Hi Donna,

We live in Bucks County and will ALSO be on the ship this Saturday! Please let me know if you find the answer to that question someplace other than here, as I want to know too! Is it one of those deals where if you get there at noon you wait 30 minutes, but if you get there at 12:30 you wait an hour?

I posted a similar question on this loop (titled "CC and Priority Embarkation in Philly"). We are ALSO on the Atlantic Deck, so I'm sure we'll be seeing you at some time!

I'm keeping everything crossed that we have good weather!

Michelle

Michelle:

It's exciting to hear from others who are going on our cruise! I Can't believe that the cruise is finally here...we made our reservation in Dec. and it seemed a long time to wait. My DH and I have been going back and forth about what time to arrive at the pier. I want to get there early because I don't want to have to spend a long time in line. On our cruise last year (RCI out of Miami) we arrived about 3 hours earlier than the official boarding time and only had to wait a short time before they let us board the ship. It was nice to be able to explore the ship and have lunch in the Windjammer. I'm kinda of hoping to do the same this time but I don't know how Celebrity operates. Hopefully someone will answer the question???? I'm sure we will run into each other on the trip and I look forward to meeting you.

Donna

We arrived at terminal at 11:00am, checked bags and were in near front of the line. We were on ship at 11:30, all 6 of us. My DH and I were in priority line and my friends made it out of regular lines same time as us. Cabins were available by 1pm and our luggage arrived at 1:30. It was the smoothest arrival we've experienced in many cruises. Have a great time.

Thanks so much for answering my question. It's nice to be able to get info from someone who has already "been there-done that". I guess we'll try for about 11:00am. I really thought about your cruise a lot, with Hurricane Charley visiting just the day before. We, in this area were lucky that he pretty much stayed away. Friends of ours were not so lucky...their children were married in July on the beach at Clearwater. They are both from this area but now live in Florida & wanted to be married on the beach and have their reception here, in NJ. Well, when we got to the reception, the groom's father greeted us at the door, told us to enjoy ourselves but also said that the bride and groom couldn't get a flight out of Florida. The airport had been closed down and all flights had been cancelled. Fortunately their house had been spared but the bride was in tears. We called them from the reception and everyone toasted them over the phone. That was a very interesting weekend.

Thanks again for your help. Glad you had a great time and that the weather cooperated. Hope it behaves itself for us too. I'm really getting excited!

Donna

The category descriptions for Horizon no longer match the categories--I believe 7 and 8 were switched but the descriptions kept the same. So, the new category 8 cabins on the Bermuda deck, have windows but are obstructed by lifeboats--some more than others. The category 7 cabins have portholes but do not have an obstructed vew. I've sailed in cabins 9081 and 9083. This is a great location, just be aware that you may not have much of a view. For me this was no problem but it might be for some. Hope this makes sense.

Archived