Alaska Brewery tours in Juneau

mariakitty

My husband and I are getting really excited about our cruise on NCL Spirit 6/12/04. My husband REALLY wants to go to the brewery in Juneau and I found out tours are free and we should have plenty of time for this plus an additional tour. Has anyone gone to the brewery before? Was it easy to get to? How did you get there? (Bus, taxi, etc.??) Also, how much time should we allot to this? I am pregnant and won't be imbibing, but Alaskan Amber is my husband's favorite beer and he wants merchandise for the basement.

Thanks! Maria

Carnival Fantasy (??) 12/90

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 9/92

Carival Ecstasy 9/2002

NCL Spirit 6/2004

I too want to take this tour but am travelling with my son. This is what they sent to me about how to get there and the hours. Hope it helps some.

"Hi Sue - Your son is welcome to come with you. As long as children are accompanied by an adult or guardian they can come to the brewery. We also offer root beer (from a can, not our own) as well as water so he can have a little something as well.

Hope that helps...the tour info is belowicon_smile.gif

Cheers!

Kristi

Do you give tours?

Yes! Visitors to Alaskan Brewing hear about the history of brewing in Alaska and the 100 year old recipe that inspired our flagship Alaskan Amber Beer. You will learn how we make our unique and award winning Alaskan Seasonal Smoked Porter. View our brewing, fermentation and bottling systems. Browse our historical collection and gift shop. And best of all... sample our award-winning beers on tap with a knowledgeable guide.

Giftshop and Tour Hours:

May - September: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm, 7 days a week!

October - April: 11:00 am - 4:30 pm, Thurs. - Sat.

Plant location:

5429 Shaune Dr.

Juneau, AK 99801

(907) 780-5866

How to find us:

Take Egan Drive to the Vanderbilt Hill turnoff, which becomes Glacier Hwy.

Turn right on Anka Street (just past Wells Fargo).

Turn right on Shaune Dr. (second right).

We are on the left at 5429 Shaune Dr.

For $1.25 per person, the Juneau City Bus will take you to the corner of Anka St. and Glacier Hwy. Then follow steps 3 and 4."

We did this tour last year but we did it through the cruise line. Some people did come via taxi that joined us, or you have the city bus option that the above poster mentioned. The tour itself was cool. I am not a beer drinker but did try all the ones they offered and we bought some cool souviners to bring back to the family. The tour itself was about 30 minutes (maybe 45) and then we did some shopping. We had plenty of time to go up the tram to Mt Roberts and do the Brewery and Gardens tour that the ship offered. If you plan it right you should have no problem getting a ship tour in icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 NCL Sun...Alaska

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Halloween...Explorer of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;08;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800 Disney Magic Repositioning...Ca-FL

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

Thanks for the great info! In our tour documents for NCL Spirit, a tour to the brewery wasn't an option though I had heard other cruise lines offer this tour. I think we will "wing it" in a taxi after a morning tour somewhere else. icon_smile.gif

Maria

Carnival Fantasy (??) 12/90

RCCL Monarch of the Seas 9/92

Carival Ecstasy 9/2002

NCL Spirit 6/2004

Archived