Guarantee Question... Category SC's

lighthouse206

Hello:

Thinking of booking an SC guarantee on the Zuiderdam with some friends (2 cabins - one for us, one for them).. Only guarantees are available.

Question - I know there are NO guarantees, however, is there ANY way to try to request our cabins be located somewhat near one another? Does HAL even accept such requests?

If I put both the cabins in my name would that make any difference? We would LOVE to be right next door to each other, but don't see the extra expense of booking an SB (more than $500 extra) as worth it in order to assure we're next door neighbors....

Also - any thoughts on where the SC guarantees frequently wind up? I think it's unlikely we'd get an aft cabin since they are so popular... I suspect most wind up in SAs - is that correct?

Thanks!

Upgrades generally happen from the bottom up, when the less costly tiers are over sold. To avoid dissappointment, one needs to assume they will be assigned the cabin that no one else wanted, in the cat. they paid for.

Sometimes passengers are upgraded. Sometimes not. It varies from sailing to sailing and is dependent upon the inventory dynamics of a given sail. No two sails are alike.

I think it unlikely that HAL will consider your request for adjoining cabins given you are booked as a guarantee. One of the cabins might be upgraded out of necessity, while the other is not.

Having said all this, I hope the Upgrade Fairy blesses both bookings.

Archived