Honolulu Luggage Storage (On Day of Embarkment, Not Disembarkment)

bluetiger9192

I need to storage my luggage on the day the Pride of Aloha leaves the Honolulu port (at 8pm) because I am doing the E Noa Deluxe Little Circle Island Tour earlier that day and the tour will not allow luggage on board (I also fly in early that morning so not staying at a hotel).

I have called NCL who was not at all helpful. NCL told me that NCL does not offer any luggage storage services to passengers who are embarking (only for passengers who are disembarking).

Are they any other options at the pier (such as with a third party operator)? Where exactly is that located, how much and what are their hours of opertion? I haven't found a lot of any info on this as most of the posts apply to disembarkment rather than embarkment storage.

Thanks in advance!

I thought the airport might be an option but after checking the web-site this is not the case.

My only suggestion is to check in on th POA as early as possible, 11:30 A.M. or noon, and take your day trip then from the pier.

http://www.hawaii.gov/dot/airports/faq.htm

Are there baggage/luggage lockers or baggage storage facility at Honolulu International Airport, where are they located, and what are the rates, sizes available, and hours or operation?

Due to enhanced airport security requirements, baggage storage and locker facilities at the Honolulu International Airport are not available. Thank you for your understanding.

You might want to check out the "Roberts of Hawaii" Tours, they offer luggage storage for $10.00.

See Example

http://www.gorabbitgo.com/chinatown.php

Enjoy a one hour walking tour through Hawaii's authentic Chinatown and hear about its interesting history. Browse its lively marketplace with its unique products, both local and imported, and experience the sights, sounds, and tastes of the culture firsthand. Take part in a fun scavenger hunt when your guide hands you a list of local produce for you to find and learn about. Enjoy this one hour event that will open the backdoor and release the Secrets of Chinatown. $10

Please Note:

Tour departs from pier and ends at Aloha Tower Markeplace.

Transportation is by Trolley.

Customers may deviate from tour.

Luggage storage available for a fee of $10 with a 3 piece maximum

Oh, piffle! Most of the time, pax are allowed to start checking in by noon. For pity's sake, the muster drill is at 4:30 or 5:30 or something like that, and they couldn't possibly check everyone in between 4 pm and the drill. Whoever you talked to at NCL is wrong; simple as that. We checked for PoH at about 12:30 and they had started check in a little before noon. Unless there's some weird delay, you can plan to arrive at 11 and get the process started. (Do keep in mind that all the previous pax have to disembark and get their luggage before the incoming pax can check their luggage and check in for the ship.)

beachchick

You should be met at HNL by an NCLA rep. You'll have to retrieve your luggage and schlepp it to the NCL bus but they will take it to the pier and the next time you will see it is when you get to your cabin or when they bring it to your cabin. You will recieve some luggage tags with your edocs that you print your cabin number on so they know where to take them. Then take your tour based from the pier. You can start the checkin process around noon. We started ours last week at about 11:45. It depends on when they get all disembarking passengers off the ship. Our cabin wasn't cleaned and ready until about 3:00 and our luggage didn't get to us until about 5:00. We went up to the buffet had lunch and went up to the open decks to watch the harbor scenery and our fellow passengers (some very interesting 'personalities'). There's no reason why you couldn't schedule your tour for early afternoon and take it then. You just have to be back aboard by 7:00. There are many people who schedule their Pearl Harbor/Arizona tour for that Saturday morning or afternoon. Have fun and "Hang loose" :D

Archived