Book early or late to get best deal with hotwire

jaycor99

Hi

We always use hotwire now when we travel

last year we got the rio Grande in san juan for 129.00 per night which was great because we flew in 4 days before the cruise and had a rental car.

We booked in June for the following Jan.

Right now 3 stars are going for around 189.00 for next jan 08-Rio Grande 4 star for around 249.00-4 star in San juan about the same.

We had to fly in early last Jan 07 becasue of a snow storm-we had no hotel and when we tried walk in's like holiday inn we were given a price of 230.00

We ended up calling Hotwire on the phone and got the Sheridan in old San Jaun for 136.00 for the same day

should we wait and book a week or two before we go, or book now ,or take a big chance and call and book the day we arrive next Jaan

we are staying 4 nights before cruise

What do you think?

thanks so much!!

Hi

We always use hotwire now when we travel

last year we got the rio Grande in san juan for 129.00 per night which was great because we flew in 4 days before the cruise and had a rental car.

We booked in June for the following Jan.

Right now 3 stars are going for around 189.00 for next jan 08-Rio Grande 4 star for around 249.00-4 star in San juan about the same.

We had to fly in early last Jan 07 becasue of a snow storm-we had no hotel and when we tried walk in's like holiday inn we were given a price of 230.00

We ended up calling Hotwire on the phone and got the Sheridan in old San Jaun for 136.00 for the same day

should we wait and book a week or two before we go, or book now ,or take a big chance and call and book the day we arrive next Jaan

we are staying 4 nights before cruise

What do you think?

thanks so much!!

I generally use priceline over hotwire since in my experience priceline almost always beats hotwire's price. But I have used hotwire when it was important for me to identify the amenties and/or use the amenities to more closely identify the hotel.

Unfortunately there is no "right" answer to your question. My suggestion is that if you find a good deal that you can live with, book it and don't look back. Last fall I booked a $50 hotel on hotwire for Anchorage. A few days later I heard of some people getting it for $37. I could not complain since $50 was still a great deal. Buy it when you feel you have a good deal and that you know barring extreme circumstances, your plans are firm.

John

Archived