Table For Two

Rainbowdayz

I would like to request a table for two for my husband and me on the Legend next month. I've had no problem with special requests on any cruise line, including Carnival, via fax in the past. I usually submit the request a couple of weeks before our departure. It's always understood the request may not be honored. However, the Carnival rep is telling me there is no fax # and I cannot request a table. I can't believe they will not even consider requests. I think I may have spoken with an inexperienced rep. I have even requested particular table numbers in the past. Can anyone help me with this? :confused:

Maybe they have changed their policy about getting the table beforehand. When we went on the Legend last April we went right to the dining room at embarkation and we were able to get a table for two. But I seem to remember they started requests at a certain time. Like around 1:00, but I can't be positive on that. Happy Cruising!

I hope you are able to get your table to two. I think we should all be able to be pleased in the dinning room. I for one hated that we had a table for four, but no other couple ever showed up. My husband and I eat dinner every day alone, we love meeting new people and visiting with them every evening. I did not realize that if you talked to someone that you could get your table changed, had I known that, I would have. When we go next year, I am going to say something if we are alone again.

Have a wonderful cruise.

I booked our last cruise through Carnival. We had 20 people in our group. I had a layout of the dining room that I got off the internet and talked to my Carnival PVP and told her exactly where we wanted to sit and she accommodated us. Of course I did this about a week before the cruise. If you booked through Carnival, talk to your PVP about this.

Go to Carnival's web-site; click on the ship you are cruising on, then go to the deck plans and find what deck level the dining room(s) is on. Then find the table you would like to sit at and tell your PVP.

This is another reason I book directly though Carnival instead of a travel agent.

barb65

I booked our last cruise through Carnival. We had 20 people in our group. I had a layout of the dining room that I got off the internet and talked to my Carnival PVP and told her exactly where we wanted to sit and she accommodated us. Of course I did this about a week before the cruise. If you booked through Carnival, talk to your PVP about this.

Go to Carnival's web-site; click on the ship you are cruising on, then go to the deck plans and find what deck level the dining room(s) is on. Then find the table you would like to sit at and tell your PVP.

This is another reason I book directly though Carnival instead of a travel agent.

barb65

Thanks for the advice. I would love to have table by the window, with at least six people at the table. We have booked with Carnival and so hopefully we can get what we want.

I was on the Legend 7/22 we went straight to the dinning room and made the change they we very understanding and it ws no problem.Just go straight there and wait until someone comes. The request were made on the second level of the dinning room. The tables for two on thesecond floor of the dining roomare awesome the overlook the lower level! We had a great view and time the dining room on the legend is awesome!

Remeber to go straight to the dinning room.Try to get onboard early so you can get this taken care of

Enjoy the legend!

Hello, A lot of people enjoy sitting at a large table and there are more requests for that. You should be able to contact a carnival travel agent directly...i dont have the number right here, but it really shouldnt be an issue. They have significantly increased tables for two on the larger ships for these requests. As everyone is saying you can visit your maitre'd and he will be happy to do whatever he can. If they say there are none available ask them to put you on a list for one if it becomes available. You would not believe the amount of people who change tables on embarkation day and i am sure something will become available for you. Your Maitre'd should be Krishnan Thottekat :D

Happy Cruising

Thanks for all the replies. The first thing we do after boarding, is check out our dining table even if we have requested a specific table because you are always told there is no "guarantee" it will be honored. We usually choose a large table and really just want to see the location but this time we want a table for two. We've had great luck getting good dinner companions but it only takes one bad experience ( NCL- loud obnoxious couple) to make us not want to risk it if we are not traveling with friends or family. That cruise was full and we were unable to move so it was a dismal dining experience for 11 days. We've had great luck with our advance requests and only encountered a problem on our last cruise which was with Celebrity. We were traveling with a group of 10 family members and they had us seated at three seperate tables! The maitre'd was rather curt when we pointed out the problem and although they eventually seated us together, we were at a table for 8 so it was a tight fit and rather uncomfortable. We did book through Carnival and that's why I was surprised to be told there was no way to request a table in advance. In the past, we've booked with TAs and still had no problems with dining requests. Some lines even offer a telephone # and customer relations person to take the request. As I said, I had no problem on the last Carnival cruise obtaining a fax # and they did honor our request. We will board early and I will just hope there are tables for two available. From your responses, it does not sound like we will have a problem. Thanks to you all!

I would like to request a table for two for my husband and me on the Legend next month. I've had no problem with special requests on any cruise line, including Carnival, via fax in the past. I usually submit the request a couple of weeks before our departure. It's always understood the request may not be honored. However, the Carnival rep is telling me there is no fax # and I cannot request a table. I can't believe they will not even consider requests. I think I may have spoken with an inexperienced rep. I have even requested particular table numbers in the past. Can anyone help me with this? :confused:

You can request a table for two upon booking. It may not be honored. However, you could request again after you board the ship. If you still don't have what you want then you could make other arraingements for eating. You could always eat in the buffet, the specialty resturant, and/or room service. I have used other options in the past myself.

Unfortunately, tables for 2 are popular but limited, so you may be disappointed. Make sure the request is added to your booking. When you board the ship, check the assignment, and if it is not to you liking, visit the maitre 'd as soon as possible to see about a change. It will still be a gamble, but worth a shot.

Otherwise, this may be an opportunity to meet some new friends. ;)

We have had really good luck in the past with tables for 2. I would agree with the previous poster. Get on board early and go directly to the maitre'd and request your table. We had a table for 2 on the Glory and it was wonderful. On the Triumph, we had a table for 4 but we were the only 2 people there. We sailed the Fascination in March and there were no tables for 2 but we had a table for 6 and our table mates were outstanding! I don't like the booths since I too, think they are crowded. Good luck with your request. We also adjusted our dining room and time and there was not a problem.

I'm booked on the legend this october for our anniversary and really want a table for two. I called carnival and the rep told me there was absolutely no way I could put in a request. She said that it "just doesn't work like that, as it was carnival's policy not to take requests." I hung up the phone and called right back. It seems carnival's policy changed in a matter of minutes because the new rep noted my request.

Now she may have written it on a piece of paper and tossed it in the trash (lol), but her customer service manner led me to believe that she was putting in for me and I apprecited this rather than the no way jose approach of the first rep. Of course, she said nothing is guaranteed but a little note in the computer couldn't hurt.

I guess it all depends on who you talk to. I'd try calling again. It's luck of the draw.

Archived