How to get from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay Beach

HookLine&Sinker

We will be on the Empress in September and I'm a little confused about the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay. We will be purchasing the 3 day ferry/bus pass and do I understand correctly that we should take the ferry to the Dockyard and then the bus to the beach?

Would that would be quicker than taking a bus from Hamilton to the beach?

Thanks!

We will be on the Empress in September and I'm a little confused about the best way to get to Horseshoe Bay. We will be purchasing the 3 day ferry/bus pass and do I understand correctly that we should take the ferry to the Dockyard and then the bus to the beach?

Would that would be quicker than taking a bus from Hamilton to the beach?

Thanks!

The bus from Hamilton to Horseshoe Bay beach would be the quickest. The ferry would take at least 25 minutes to get to the dockyard alone, never mind the trip from the dockyard to the beach. But we loved taking the ferries. You get where you want to go in a very relaxing, refreshing way and the views are fantastic. Since you have 3 days in Bermuda and the transportation pass allows you unlimited use of the ferries and the buses, I would recommend trying the different ferry/ bus combinations for the fun of it. You can take either the direct ferry to the dockyard or take the local one, which goes all around the harbor to these out of the way small villages that you wouldn't see otherwise. Once you are at the dockyard, you could take the bus and stop in the West End and visit Somerset and the surrounding area including Fort Scaur and 9 beaches resort. If it is open and available, Gibbs lighthouse is an excellent stop before Horseshoe Bay. The South shore Swizzle Inn is an interestin stop after you leave Horseshoe on the way back to Hamilton. If you take the ferry from the dockyard, the ferry trip to St. George shows you the entire North side of the island. In St George, there are two nice beaches, Tobacco Bay and St Catherine's in addition to a nice Fort to see (Fort St. Catherine's). We also enjoyed the free tour of the Purfumery. After exploring St George you can take a bus to the original Swizzle Inn, the crystal caves and the aquarium/ zoo. If you take the number one bus, you could also go to my favorite beach, John Smith's bay and then the bus goes right by the Botanical Garden on the way to Hamilton. If you organize your days before you arrive, you can see all the things I have mentioned without worrying about rushing around. If you plan ahead, you have enough time to see most everything important. Unlimited use of the buses and ferries allow you to get on and off as many times as you want, which gives you tremendous flexibility in planning or adjusting your plans as you go along. Have a great time.:)

Archived