Upgrades from Hurricane cancellations?

jencruise32

Hi, I will be cruising out of Galveston on 8/25 (hopefully if Dean stays south). I expect that people will be canceling their reservations on the boat due to the storm. This will leave open rooms. What do the cruise lines do with these rooms? Do they upgrade the people that didn't cancel or just sell them dirt cheap to the public?

Does anyone have any experience with this???

With advance notice of deviated itineraries, pax can elect to cancel without penalty if they do so within 24 hours of notice. (Such as was made at 10am EDT today). That said, most pax don't know of this and/or just choose to go on the revised itinerary anyway.

You can always ask at check-in if there were cancellations and see if there is something to upgrade to.

With advance notice of deviated itineraries, pax can elect to cancel without penalty if they do so within 24 hours of notice. (Such as was made at 10am EDT today). That said, most pax don't know of this and/or just choose to go on the revised itinerary anyway.

You can always ask at check-in if there were cancellations and see if there is something to upgrade to.

Do you happen to know HOW they do the advance notice? We're on the Fantasy Aug 20th. It's looking real "good" now for there to be a change in the original plan.

Thing is, I am leaving home tomorrow to head for Baton Rouge and then Sunday will be in New Orleans. I was planning on going without my laptop so that I would have a real vacation kwim?

I also used a TA (not a great one either, found on the internet). My first time ever to use a TA for anything

So... what will happen?

a) carnival will call me only

b) carnival will email me only

c) a & b

d) TA is supposed to notify me (uh oh)

e) None of the above, and we are supposed find out when we get to port. But the whole '24 hrs withing getting notice' doesn't make it sound like this is the right one.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Do you happen to know HOW they do the advance notice? We're on the Fantasy Aug 20th. It's looking real "good" now for there to be a change in the original plan.

Thing is, I am leaving home tomorrow to head for Baton Rouge and then Sunday will be in New Orleans. I was planning on going without my laptop so that I would have a real vacation kwim?

I also used a TA (not a great one either, found on the internet). My first time ever to use a TA for anything

So... what will happen?

a) carnival will call me only

b) carnival will email me only

c) a & b

d) TA is supposed to notify me (uh oh)

e) None of the above, and we are supposed find out when we get to port. But the whole '24 hrs withing getting notice' doesn't make it sound like this is the right one.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

The updates are on this link from the carnival page. Or you can call carnival and ask them

http://www.carnivalcruiselines.com/CMS/static_templates/weather_update.aspx?wt.mc_id=Hhmpgnewandfunweatherupdate

Archived