Tours

Daolbuzzard

We are going on a 10 day Baltic cruise June 29/08. My question is about Tours. I have seen a good deal of mention of "private" Tours. How does one find what "private" tours are available? How does one know if they are reliable? Can anyone suggest some names to check out?

If you go to the ports of call section of this website, you will find lots of information about private tour guides. Many are recommended over and over, which can give you a sense of their reliability.

We found most ports on our Baltic cruise very easy to tour on our own. In St. Petersburg, we hired Red October. There were four of us travelling together and the cost for two days tailored to our interests was less than two full day ship's shore excursions would have been. pPus, we got to see exactly what we wanted to see for the amount of time we wanted to spend at each stop. Two fabulous days!

Hi,

We're taking our first cruise ever in Aug '08 (also Baltic) and have surfed the Red October website. They seem to offer exactly what we want so we plan to use this company. I'm sure the cruise line's tours are wonderful as well, but we'd like something a bit more personal as well as a personal guide.

The comments and help on Cruise Critic have been absolutely incredible.

Have a sensational cruise,

Suzanne

Archived