Which cruisetour to take?

cahterry

Look over the tour descriptions and go for a tour that has 2 days at Denali Park and IF you are looking at Princess- your McKinley reference??? See if any offer two days there too? Be aware they are 100 miles apart. Best to max. your time however is to go on your own, via a rental car. You can then plan your own schedule and have the freedom to see and do what is of your interest. The cruisetours don't include the "small stuff" in Alaska and are point to point. There is nothing better for me than to be able to pull off the road and gaze at McKinley- of which I was so fortunate to be able to do twice my March trip. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Be very very very informed on what you are purchasing for a cruise tour- if you go that route.

We've purchased the 11 day cruise tour on hte Carnival Spirit starting 28 Aug (cruise 1 sep). Choose this because of 2 nights in Denali. Also wanted to do Sitka, but had to give up Glacier Bay to do it. However, we did get a balcony cabin on Carnival for the same price as on ocean view on RCL or Princess - so it depends what's most important to you.

DMS
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;9;1;19;0;00&timezone=GMT-1000[/img]
Carnival Spirit 9/1

My opinion only. On any cruisetour- my min recommendation is a 7 day add on- any shorter usually has a lot of time in transit. Be certain to factor in the times- ball park, train Anchorage- Denali Park 8 hours, Denali Park -Fairbanks 4 hours, by bus- 5++ and 2++. Anchorage - Seward rail 4+ hours, road 3+++ You need more than a day at most attractions, and be aware of some tours- arriving late at night then starting first thing the next morning. An extra day is always recommendend. Some reports claim it's exhausting- again my opinion only- it shouldn't be- my trips never are- so factor in plenty of time to enjoy your trip.

Archived