Still looking for some help/info.......

jpcruiseguy

Hello All,

This is our first time on Celebrity and the first cruise for some of us in over 25yrs....as well as my wife's very first cruise. There will be 5 of us doing the Panama Canal Holiday Extravaganza on the Infinity. We're curious as to what types of things Celebrity does for the Christmas & New Year Holidays. Also, we will be celebrating 2 wedding anniversaries (2nd & 45th) as well as a birthday(December is a busy month for our family!) and were wondering what Celebrity might do to help? Will they do anything in the SS United States?? Is it worth requesting the wine room for one of the occaisions?? And finally, we're curious who else will be sailing on this wonderful holiday excursion, too.

Well, they'll bring you an Anniversary/Birthday cake (let them know when you book what days you want to celebrate) in the regular dining room, no idea if they will in the alternate but likely - if in doubt, talk to them on board. You can also buy various anniversary special packages.

I suspect they'll have some kind of special Dinner and/or party each Holiday - never been on for a Holiday cruise myself, so I can't really say.

Is it worth requesting wine? That's up to you - but I would.

As to who's on your sailing - check the Celebrity roll call board. I, alas, am not.

Hope you have a great time!

Make sure on the Wedding / Anniversery day(s) you tell the Mater'd in advance.
He arranges the Cake and singers.

As for the Holidays - I have never been on a ship then....
Maybe kick back another thread asking that specific question - Celebrity - Ship Holiday information.

Talking with Julian Bersch on the Mercury in January, he was telling me that the New Years party is by far the best party they throw. It is the one holiday that is celebrated around the world. So X gives their staff, all the staff, the freedom to mingle with the passengers and party top side. many of these people are not allowed to interact so it will be fun hanging with some of these people.

In listening we got so excited we booked the Galaxy for New Years as soon as we got home.

Well that should be a good reference! I've always been a big fan of NYE, so I'm glad to hear X throws a good NYE bash. I'd still like to hear from anyone that has dined in the wine cellar in the SS United States. I'm curious if differs at all from the regular dining room. Also, does anyone have the Reserve Wine list? I saw 1 partial picture on someone's review of the Olympic restaurant.

[quote name='jpcruiseguy']Hello All,

This is our first time on Celebrity and the first cruise for some of us in over 25yrs....as well as my wife's very first cruise. There will be 5 of us doing the Panama Canal Holiday Extravaganza on the Infinity. We're curious as to what types of things Celebrity does for the Christmas & New Year Holidays. Also, we will be celebrating 2 wedding anniversaries (2nd & 45th) as well as a birthday(December is a busy month for our family!) and were wondering what Celebrity might do to help? Will they do anything in the SS United States?? Is it worth requesting the wine room for one of the occaisions?? And finally, we're curious who else will be sailing on this wonderful holiday excursion, too.[/QUOTE]

JPcruiseguy,

There will be 9 of us on the same cruise and we vary in age as well. My Mom -77, Sister and Brother in law-Married 28 years, Hubby and myself - married 25, and my daughter and son - 18 and 21 respectively, and my neice and nephew, ages 21 and 23 respectively. I am EXTREMELY glad to know Infinity has a great NYE party. Please come over to Roll Calls- Celebrity Connections and you will find a thread for this particular Cruise. Thread is called: Infinity - 12/20/04 - cruisin the panama canal in style.

Rori

Archived