Westerdam for 20 days on Tuesday 28

msshoe18

We are leaving on East and West Med cruise 20 days.

Questions: Dining on nights other then formal, are golf skirts appropriate that are just above the knee? Also, we did not sign up for tour excursions. We love to venture out our own. But, does anyone know where the Westerdam docks in Naples, for we need to either rent a car or take a train which ever one is closest to the ship. We want to go to the Palazza Reale in Caserta. Has anyone ever been there? Also, in Levorno, we want to go to Cinque Terra, and the excursion was waitlisted. Need to know about transportation at dock. Internet is not free even with own laptop? If you have must sees at our port of calls, I would appreciate you advising. Port of calls: Dubrovnik, Corfu, Katakolon, Athens, Kusadasi, Messina, Monte Carlo, Barcelona,( we are going to dinner with Flenmengo dancing)La Goulette, Valletta, and Palermo. Thank-you so much for your help. Gail

Hi there,

you will love it we had a blast. Monte Carlo - until 23rd Sept. at the Grimaldi Forum there is the most wonderful Grace Kelly exhibition. If you are in any way interested email me teresa.price@dsl.pipex.com and I will give you all the details.

We did the Cinque Terre tour even though we don't often do ship's tours. It was a great day. If you get to go, take a swimming costume and towel as you end up in this nice little seaside place with a small beach - we didn't know this and were envious of those who did!! You could do it on your own if you found a private tour service - could look online.

Naples - docking is very central. Train station is a taxi ride away - you are braver than me if you want to drive in Naples. Lots of taxis around the port entrance.

In Barcelona we took the train to Monserrat and had a great day out independently. Livorgno [sp] - once you get to the train station [a taxi ride away] you can get to Florence, Pisa or Lucca quite easily. We have done Pisa and Lucca in the past on separate trips. Trains are cheap in Italy.

Anyway, if i can be of any help just email. Have a great time - oh I would love to do it all again,Teresa

Archived