Vancouver Airport Meeting Place

LovesBeagles

We will meeting family memebers in Vancouver prior to our Alaska cruise. We are arriving very close in time. We will be coming from Florida and they from Arizona. We will take a taxi together to our hotel. Can anyone tell me of an easy meeting place? I don't know if we will be going through customs and immigration at the same place so I don't know if that is an option. I was thinking of somewhere past that point in case we go through at 2 different areas.

Thanks for your ideas.

You'll both be arriving in the same International Arrivals area.

You can meet in the area just outside the secure immigration & customs area. After you get your bags, you will walk through two sets of sliding glass doors and into a short pathway that leads to the main waiting area. If you walk to the end of the pathway, there is a small food court section to the right and the main waiting area to the left.

If you don't have long to wait, you could either meet next to the totems on the left; or you could wait in the food court area. Either way, it's a pretty small area and it would be hard to miss each other.

Alternatively, you could go up one flight via the escalators and wait by the Haida Gwai sculpture (BC jade sculpture of natives on a boat) on the Departures level. You won't miss that either - it's at the top of the escalators and anyone working there will be able to point it out to you. This is a very nice spot with seating and a food court nearby. If you need to wait any length of time - this is where I'd suggest you go.

I always have friends and family meet me at the Haida Gwai sculpture. It can't be missed, it is just up on the departure level, one flight up from your arrival, there is a starbucks right beside it, plus if you ask anyone who works there where the Haida Gwai is they will know exactly what you are talking about.

haidagwaii1.jpg here is a pic of it. but imagine it being 20ft tall.

Archived