which Airport

Maddie444

Has anyone, who has taking a cruise out of Miami, flown into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami airport? How far away is FLL airport from Port of Miami? There will be 10 of us needing transportation to the cruise ship. The airfare is much more expensive to Miami then FLL. We are traveling from Boston in March 2005.

Thanks

Maddie

If memory serves me right it, back in 02,:confused: was about an hour. We used a cruise package, that had transportation provided. Traffic was heavy at the time. I believe it should have taken about 45 minutes or less . We will get our own transportation the next time we fly into FFL. The transportation was the only beef we had with the cruise line.:cool:

We flew into and out of FLL last summer for our cruise out of miami.

I thing its something like 26 miles from Miami. In traffic, it took us about 45 minutes to get to the Sheraton which is near the port. Your problem will be luggage.

I ended up getting a limo bus from Jewel Limo. Its a 25 passenger bus but the interior is done up like a limo. It was a great surprise for the family. I think it cost something like $150, but for you that would come down to $15 per person.

They met us at the airport, had room for all of our luggage, comp soft drinks, great stereo...... we just really enjoyed ourselves

We have flown into FLL several times for the same reason....The airfare is substantially cheaper. It's also a very easy airport to get into and out of. We usually fly the day before and rent a minivan that holds seven of us plus our luggage. You might even find a larger van that will hold 10 of you. Anyway, we usually rent from Avis. You can drop the vehicle off at the Miami airport and they have a free shuttle that will take you to the cruiseport. It works!!!!

Archived