How do we get from Millie to Venice Marco Polo airport?

Literary Lynne

Hi

Just wondered if any of you have done the Barcelona to Venice Med cruise on Millie. Can you tell me where the ship docks in Venice and the best way to reach Marco Polo airport, please?

We don't have Celebrity Air arrangements booked.

Thanks for any advice.

Lynne :)

Thanks Albert - that was very useful. Someone over there asked on the 15 August, the cost of a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport but no one has responded. I guess the only thing to do is keep looking and hope that someone responds in time. There was no indication on the port website.

Thanks again

Lynne

Thanks Albert - that was very useful. Someone over there asked on the 15 August, the cost of a taxi from the cruise terminal to the airport but no one has responded. I guess the only thing to do is keep looking and hope that someone responds in time. There was no indication on the port website.

Thanks again

Lynne

Lynne you not looked aat Google then? Taxi for 3 plus luggage just €60. Bargain.

And it is 13 km and should take 16 minutes.

I just got off the Millenium (Aug5th) and I took a taxi only 1.5 miles to the Piazzle Roma. It was a Sunday so he said the rates were higher and he would have to charge me for each bag. The trip took all of five minutes tops and the driver had the audacity to tell me that it was 20 Euros! It was me and my six year old son and four bags.

I am telling you this because it is a good idea to find out before getting in the cab how much for the the trip to the airport AND how much for luggage.

But the taxi is going to be the best way. No sense in taking a cab to Piazzle Roma and then the bus- if the driver is going to charge such a high rate just to get to Piazzle Roma.

Take a taxi from the taxi rank outside the port. Check with driver but cost should only be around 30 euros. (I paid 27 last year) There is a signposted rank outside by the road, sometimes with a supervisor.

Do NOT take cab from drivers touting at the exit from the terminal building as they are not licensed and will charge 2 or 3 times that of licensed cabs.

Lynne - Celebrity charge £20pp for transfers to the airport. The only rule is that your flight must be leaving after 10am that day.

I too had read the taxi was €60 so good to hear that it is only €30.

I actually took the blue ATVO bus from the airport to PR - and that cost €3pp!!!

What terrific folk you all are. Such useful information and thanks for the tips about rip-off unlicensed taxi drivers. Terrible treatment, especially when you have a child with you and all your luggage - that really is taking an unfair advantage of you. I hope it didn't sour your holiday.

Cheers everyone :) Lynne

I too just got off the Millie(Aug 5th):( ...ours went from Venice to Barcelona. You going to have a great time. We were in Venice over night and went into the city both days on the free bus that runs from right outside where the ship docks to the Pizzale Roma. From there you can take the bus to the airport (3 euros) or the vaporetto into the city (also cheap). Our flight left from Venice so after spending a few days in Barcelona we took a flight into Venice for our last night (also took the bus from the airport to PR) and took the bus to the airport in the morning. All very easy. I hope this helps....let me know if you need any other info:) I know how overwhelming planning this trip can be.

We prarranged for a taxi to be waiting for us at the terminal when we disembarked. They sent me a confirmation of the reservation. The trip to Marco Polo was about 15-20 minutes, and the cost was 50 euros for three adult passengers with 10 pieces of luggage. The small increase in cost was worth not having to wait in line for a taxi. The driver was very accomodating and pleasant. You can contact them at the following info@lowcostaxi.net.

Archived