PDC to Xel-ha, Taxi vs. Collectivo vs. TIME

TIKIHEAD

I'll be in Cozumel on 9/2 (I think) from the Carnival Glory. We have 9 hours in port. I already know about the 1 hour ferry ride to PDC and 1 hour back plus 1 more hour just in case. I got 6 hours left to get to Xel-ha from PDC and back. Any suggestions? Is this do-able ? Should I take a taxi or a collectivo? What was that midget saying in Twin Peaks?

It is my understanding that the collectivo is very safe and reliable. I'm not that brave to do that all on my own but many people do. What would the cost be to do a tour through Carnival? At least if there were delays, you wouldn't have to worry with a cruise sponsored tour. I know that they are typically much more expensive than doing it on your own.

When we cruised on the Triumph in March 2003, you could disembark at Playa Del Carmen if you were on a tour with the ship but have heard that you can disembark if you aren't going on a ship sponsored tour and that no one checked tickets. That would save you an hour of ferrying from Cozumel to Playa plus disemarking time off the Glory in Cozumel.

Archived