I booked my first cruise on Paradise two days ago

Carnival Paradise 10/15-10/19.

My 30th birthday is October 17, which is a Wednesday. I figured I wouldn't be too valuable, or effective, at work that entire week anyway, so I finally set some of my vacation time for that week. :D

Originally, I was planning to book one of the Penthouse Suites, but settled for a 6C on the same deck. ($1000 less, and, first cruise, who knows how much time we'll actually spend in the stateroom.... Though morning coffee and evening drinks with a cigar on the balcony would have been nice on sea day).

Naturally, I have a few questions, but I'll try to stay away from the ones where the both the question and answers are subjective (like "What to pack?":

I've searched here, but haven't actually found many postings about Paradise, or the cruise itself. I've read the reviews, but it seems like every other one is reminiscent of Circus-Circus in Vegas. Has anyone here been on this cruise recently? What was your onboard experience like?

Compared to original embarkation, how long does reembarking at at the ports take? If you buy alcohol at a port, where do you turn it in, and when do you get it back?

Did I make any mistake by booking a port side stateroom, on the upper deck, close to the bow?

I know Paradise used to be a non-smoking ship, with the very possession of smoking material being a fine and kicked off the ship at the next port. In public ares, is smoking allowed? Where? Say I wanted to buy some drinks and smoke the afore mentioned cigar while watching the sunset, are there any places to do that?

In Ensenada, I'm assuming we will go through customs? Is it likely I can get my passport stamped as a souvenir? (And the same upon return to Long Beach?)

Thanks everyone. When I first started considering a cruise, it was many of the posts here that helped me make up my mind. Well, the posts and the cost:benefit for two people vs., say Cancun, Costa Rica or Italy.

:D

Im doing a birthday cruise on the Paradise too, but its the Week before on 10/08, my 21st is on the 6th and i figure I would have a lot more fun on a cruise then vegas or laughlin, since I live in so cal the drive to port is really easy. Well have fun on your cruise!!

I love Paradise, have always had a wonderful time on her... and the ship is not too bad either! Seriously, will be on her yet again Dec 17 and again on Feb 8th…… Seems like I keep going back for more.

Im doing a birthday cruise on the Paradise too, but its the Week before on 10/08, my 21st is on the 6th and i figure I would have a lot more fun on a cruise then vegas or laughlin, since I live in so cal the drive to port is really easy. Well have fun on your cruise!!

Happy birthday and have a great cruise.... Save some booze for me. :D

Carnival Paradise 10/15-10/19.

My 30th birthday is October 17, which is a Wednesday. I figured I wouldn't be too valuable, or effective, at work that entire week anyway, so I finally set some of my vacation time for that week.

I'm treating myself to a birthday cruise 10/15-10/19 on the Paradise also and I can hardly wait. I'm looking forward to having a wonderful cruise.

Archived