Christmas Photos on Board -Mariner 12/9/07

We always like to have our photo taken on the ship and usually pick a few to take home. I thought I read some threads that mentioned having the photos made into Christmas/Holiday cards onboard if it is a Nov/Dec sailing. How do you go about doing this? What is the approx price?

Would it be better to obtain the release from the photo company and making our own Christmas card copies at Walgreen's or somewhere similar?

Thanks in Advance for any advice!

Also, if anyone has any good lifestyle photographs or Christmas photos taken on board, I'd love to see them to get an idea of what they would look like...I'm trying to figure out what DH and I should wear...:rolleyes:

Hello,

My husband and I will be sailing on Mariner 12/9/07. We cruised her at the same time in 2004 and the Holiday decorations were beautiful on board! The islands were also decorated for the Holidays which was nice to see. Not sure about the cost of the photo cards on board but since we don't return until 12/16/07 it might your best bet for sending Christmas Cards.

Mariner was our 1st balcony too; we loved it!

I thought the price seemed fair when we had ours made into a Christmas card a couple years ago, so I went ahead and ordered them onboard. When we got back home, I compared the price to Walgreens and the ships package cost less. They did not include envelopes, but those were easy to obtain from a stationary store, even after that purchase the price was still less than Walgreens.

Perhaps you can visit your local Walgreens before you leave, to have a price for comparison. It was a very easy transaction, they showed you the assortment of messages, or you could write your own. The only hard part of the whole thing was standing in line at the ships photo counter.

I think they were $50 for 50 cards, and ours included envelopes.

Otherwise, I remember DH asking about the price to get the photo image on cd, which was $75 or so (because if you copied them at a Walgreens or other shop, they come out a little blurry since you'd be making a picture of a picture).

I ended up addressing our xmas cards on the flight home, which worked out great.

good luck and enjoy your holiday sailing

Wendy

We did this in 2005. I think around $50 for 50 cards is what we paid which I thought was reasonable. It was strange that they did not include envelopes though. Our picture was in front of the giant Christmas tree in the promenade. It was nice to have the cards all done before our return home... one less thing to worry about before Christmas! This is actually a picture I took of the picture so the resolution here is not that good but you get the idea...

Oh and the card itself actually had a cute border and greeting on it with our names printed on it as well.

100_1177.jpg

Hello,

My husband and I will be sailing on Mariner 12/9/07. We cruised her at the same time in 2004 and the Holiday decorations were beautiful on board! The islands were also decorated for the Holidays which was nice to see. Not sure about the cost of the photo cards on board but since we don't return until 12/16/07 it might your best bet for sending Christmas Cards.

Mariner was our 1st balcony too; we loved it!

BILLME,

Come and join our Roll call, we have a lot of great people cruising that week.

Archived