Leave the ship after checking in?

Sailgal05

Having never done this before, I'd like to know if after you go through the embark process, can you leave the ship to explore the port, or is it a hassle to get back on board? We're flying in to San Juan the day before, and my thought is to do an early check-in at the port and once all is taken care of, (luggage), leave to walk around old San Juan. We were there last in 1985, and would love to revisit El Morro. Sorry if this sounds elementary. Thanks for the help.:)

We have done that numerous times, especially in Hawaii. Never a problem - you are coming back on-board with your current cruise seapass card and ID. Always bring your photo-ID with you. You will need to show it to even get into the security line to reboard the ship.

Thank you all. I was hoping that early boarding would be ok, and so glad to know we can walk around without the luggage. I assume the 60 minute rule of departure is still valid. Of course we will not cut it that close. If the ship leaves at 8pm, what would be the early check in?

Archived