Best Bear Viewing week of Labor Day in Ketchikan?

tetons

Which place would have the best opportunity to see more bears, Neet's Bay or Traiter's Cove the week of Labor Day 2004? Would we like see whales on the Chilcoat boat ride out of Haines too?

We were lucky on last trip to Alaska two years ago in May and seemed to see bears on every excursion, with the best pictures at Mendenhall glacier, so now I expect to see even more later in the season.

No guarantees on any bear sightings. I have gone to Neets and Anan and had excellent sightings. go with who fits your schedule best. What are you referring to in Haines?? The ferry? This isn't a big "whale" area. Can have some sighings but nothing like out of Juneau.

OOps, I did mention whales in my first post. We are interested in seeing the most bears. In the picture in the Holland Excursion booklet, it shows a bear with the Chilcoat boat excursion out of Haines which is where we will be docked. It is not the fast ferry to Skagway.

Bears are VERY Iffy out of Haines and I would guess far less than half the bear watchers see them?? I was one last Sept. icon_smile.gif go to Haines for the rafting and eagles, anything else is a bonus.

Archived