Jewel vs. Pearl

Wanderlust30

My DH and I are looking at cruises in the Nov/Dec timeframe. The Jewel and the Pearl are doing the same itinerary (9 Night Eastern Caribbean). The dates and prices for the Jewel are a little better for us, but I was wondering if the Pearl has any amenities that would make it worth a little extra $$.

We are particularly interested in the difference in Dining, Pools, and Entertainment. I know Pearl has bowling which the Jewel does not. Are the ships pretty similar otherwise? We have been on the Dawn, are both ships similar to the Dawn?

TIA ! ! ! !

The Jewel and the Pearl are sister ships, so they're very similar. The layouts are a little different, but the main additions are the rock climbing wall and the bowling alley. The restaurant choices are very similar -- possibly different names for the restaurants, but the menus won't vary much.

The other big difference is the furnishings throughout the ship. Both are furnished in bright colors, but the Pearl has added several beds/loungers throughout the common areas -- up in the pool area, in the Spinnaker lounge, and in Bliss (which is the nightclub). I'm pretty sure they changed the loungers poolside too, with a nod going to the ones on the Pearl. I know the seating on the Promenade deck was much better on the Pearl -- with actual lounges, rather than just chairs available.

To me, the Pearl would be worth a little extra money -- but not a lot. We have sailed on both of them. The Jewel's 7-day Eastern Caribbean last November, and the Pearl to Alaska in May. For me, it's always hard to schedule around work constraints, so I'd be happy with whichever ship was doing the itinerary the week I needed to book.

Archived