Smoking on Fred Olsen

WhiteStar

As already stated there is no smoking on balconies. People do smoke on the open decks though.

The only internal areas people seemed to smoke were the Iceni Room (the smoking rom) and part of the Lido Lounge. It did not notice any signs saying no smoking there were just no ash trays on the tables.

In terms of smoking I thought Fred Olsen was very civilised. It was not made a big issues. Typical of the considerate passenger load Fred Olsen attracts.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Boudicca is no smoking in cabins( though there were several places you could smoke when I sailed her last year) as will be the Balmoral. I also think Braemar will have no smoking cabins after it is stretched. All the ships have at least one smoking bar ( Breamar was the Skylark when we where on her earlier this year.)Black Watch and Black Prince allowed smoking in cabins when I sailed last year. Dennis

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, smokers were generally very respectful and the policies onboard were as follows:

*no smoking at all in dining rooms, cabins and balconies

*indoors, port side (or starboard, can't recall which) only

*outside, anything goes.

That was my only...disappointment. There's a lovely area of round tables and chairs on the pool deck, nice place to have a drink, sniff the salty sea air, and all I could smell was cigarettes. Ashtrays on every table.

Best,

Carolyn

Carolyn Spencer Brown

Editor

Cruise Critic

Archived