Galveston, TX Summer 2008 Sailings?

Gosap

I've been doing research online and cannot seem to find out about what is going on with RC departing Galveston in summer 2008. The RC website shows no sailings from Galveston during summer 2008 (and I know this cannot be true), and then I found this site:

http://www.lexdon.com/article/Exciting_New_Adventures_Await_Royal/43936.html

that says Voyager will come fall 2007, then be replaced with Rhapsody again during the summer of 2008...but searching by ship on the RC website, I find that Rhapsody will be sailing out of Seattle, Washington during all of the summer of 2008.

Does anyone have any info on this? We are wanting to plan to sail during the summer of 2008 out of Galveston!

Thanks!

This has been discussed at great length here on the boards since the 2008 itineraries were released in April.

Rhapsody leaves Galveston today for Asia via Hawaii, Australia/New Zealand and then will do Alaska next season so she is not returning to Galveston next summer. :(

Many of us are optimistic that RCCL is not abandoning the Galveston/Houston market permanently and some recent rumors seem to indicate that RCCL will be back year-round after next summer.

But, for now, it looks as if Galveston will have no RCCL ship next summer.

We may not know for certain until the 2009 season is released next April.

This has been discussed at great length here on the boards since the 2008 itineraries were released in April.

Rhapsody leaves Galveston today for Asia via Hawaii, Australia/New Zealand and then will do Alaska next season so she is not returning to Galveston next summer. :(

Many of us are optimistic that RCCL is not abandoning the Galveston/Houston market permanently and some recent rumors seem to indicate that RCCL will be back year-round after next summer.

But, for now, it looks as if Galveston will have no RCCL ship next summer.

We may not know for certain until the 2009 season is released next April.

Thank you for your help. I am fairly new to cruise critic and couldn't find another discussion of this. Needless to say, I am bummed! I guess we will be forced to do Carnival.

Thank you for your help. I am fairly new to cruise critic and couldn't find another discussion of this.
You're welcome. Sorry to deliver the bad news.

Needless to say, I am bummed! I guess we will be forced to do Carnival.
:::GASP!!!::: Oh, the horrors! :p ;) :D

BTW, here is the latest thread regarding the recent rumors of RCCL returning: RCCL staying in Galveston!

Doesn't help for next summer but it is encouraging news (rumor).

My opinion all along has been that RCCL has too many markets to explore and not enough ships. I, for one, am confident they will be returning in full force. Call it wishful thinking if you like but I'm sticking to it! :cool:

You're welcome. Sorry to deliver the bad news.

:::GASP!!!::: Oh, the horrors! :p ;) :D

BTW, here is the latest thread regarding the recent rumors of RCCL returning: RCCL staying in Galveston!

Doesn't help for next summer but it is encouraging news (rumor).

My opinion all along has been that RCCL has too many markets to explore and not enough ships. I, for one, am confident they will be returning in full force. Call it wishful thinking if you like but I'm sticking to it! :cool:

Thanks!!

Archived