St. Thomas Gem stone question

mysticalblues

My roommate met someone last week that had a ring that she got in St. Thomas. The stone had a green/purple coloring. Unfortunately, the woman did not remember the name of the stone and we will be in St. Thomas next week (YEAY) so I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this stone might be? I'm sorry I don't have more of a description for you, but I didn't see it myself.

Thank you!

My roommate met someone last week that had a ring that she got in St. Thomas. The stone had a green/purple coloring. Unfortunately, the woman did not remember the name of the stone and we will be in St. Thomas next week (YEAY) so I was wondering if anyone had any idea what this stone might be? I'm sorry I don't have more of a description for you, but I didn't see it myself.

Thank you!

Do an image Google for "ammolite"; it matches your description and I think people buy it down there. It's not at all to my taste, but I think many people do like it.

Thank you!

Do an image Google for "ammolite"; it matches your description and I think people buy it down there. It's not at all to my taste, but I think many people do like it.

I think she is talking about Caribbean topaz also called Mystic topaz. It comes in different color ranges, the purple/green color, there is a pink/peach color and a lighter color. I have the dark purple green and it is great since if you are wearing something blue or purple they look that color and if you are wearing something green/blue they look that color

http://engagementrings.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Mystic_Topaz_Engagement_Rings

Also they sell it everywhere including on the ship so check their prices also.

Just back from St. Thomas/St. Marteen in July. I bought an alexandrite birthstone ring (which is June's gemstone). My ring looks green when it is in natural sunlight and a dark purple color when you see it indoors. I got mine in St. Marteen at Majesty Jewelers, they were recommended by Carnival. They also have a web site majestyjewelers.com you can see examples of the stones.

Archived