I'm a cheap-o heading to NOLA

Brute Bandit

• 2 weeks later...
Is there a hotel in NOLA that offers airport shuttles and/or port shuttles? Or even either of these at a reduced price? We would like to stay 1 1/2 days prior to our cruise and don't want to spend all our money on taxi rides before the cruise.

None of the downtown hotels have shuttles. There is a shuttle from the airport to all hotels. It costs $13/person each way. If there are more than 2 of you traveling together it's almost as cheap to get a cab (with I think is $28 for 2 one way) If you're wanting to see or party in the Quarter a cab from there to the port isn't much because it's not far. If you REALLY want to save $$ you can stay at one of the hotels close to the rivercenter and walk to the port (wouldn't recommend this unless you pack light). Those hotels are within walking distance to the Quarter (about 10 blocks) and there is a streetcar that runs along the river you could use for sightseeing.

Thanks so much. I've booked the Astor. How far will it be to the port? There are 4 of us and we're trying to pack one piece of luggage per person. How much for a cab? What would be the best way to get from the port to the airport on the day we debark?

Astor's a good choice. I'd probably go with a cab, but don't know what the cost would be.

Archived