Obstructed view/Summitt

Sophiesmom2

We were in rooms 8095 and 8097 on Summit in Feb 2005 and had the infamous window washer between our rooms. It certainly didn't make standing on the balcony and talking with our friends in the next cabin very easy. We too had planned the cruise for over a year and I believe I had even looked on other ships to see where it was located. We complained but they wouldn't move it.

I've attached a picture of the room where you can see the washer through the curtains. We also had an unexpected guest spend some time with us one day in port! It made it a little unnerving to have the bird watching us through the door.

Tracey

PICT0204.jpg.fdf4ccc2589e4ec598d511db61344339.jpg

PICT0085.jpg.4debb732c0f5a135a90f1074440b222b.jpg

The window washer was well secured top and bottom and thus did not make any noise. But the visual obstruction was, to me, exceedingly jarring. Due to the position of the bed, there was no part of the stateroom or the balcony in which you could just pretend it wasn't there.

Thanks for the responses. We'll keep watching to see if we can get a different cabin. If we can't----well we're still going to be on a beautiful Celebrity ship with outstanding food and service going to exotic ports for a couple of weeks!

Bob P.

Okay..so here's the deal on the window washer thing on the Summit..at least in April of this year...we were in cabin 8061 oin a two week Panama Canal cruise..after much complaining to the concierge...an officer told us that the window washer thing lives there for safety reasons...it never moves to either end of the ship...you can actually see in the photo of the ship they're selling in the photography store. It takes up about one-third of the balcony..so in 8061 it was on the left third..so looking towards the left at anything was very hard..in 8063..it's on the right third..so same thing looking towards the right...it also goes up to the ninth deck as well...after much complaining for two weeks...we got a certificate of each of us toward another cruise...after awhile you got used to it...but the objection, of course, was that they make no metion of it ahead of time and sell it at the same price as my next door neighbor with no obstruction....I would stay away from the whole area of 8067-8057 because of the views in either direction......

Okay..so here's the deal on the window washer thing on the Summit..at least in April of this year...we were in cabin 8061 oin a two week Panama Canal cruise..after much complaining to the concierge...an officer told us that the window washer thing lives there for safety reasons...it never moves to either end of the ship...you can actually see in the photo of the ship they're selling in the photography store. It takes up about one-third of the balcony..so in 8061 it was on the left third..so looking towards the left at anything was very hard..in 8063..it's on the right third..so same thing looking towards the right...it also goes up to the ninth deck as well...after much complaining for two weeks...we got a certificate of each of us toward another cruise...after awhile you got used to it...but the objection, of course, was that they make no metion of it ahead of time and sell it at the same price as my next door neighbor with no obstruction....I would stay away from the whole area of 8067-8057 because of the views in either direction......

Thanks gonecruising, for clearing that up. I agree with you 100% that Celebrity really needs to be more open and above board when it comes to things like this. Whether true or not, it does give the impression that they are hiding something and will give FCC's or OBC's, if someone stuck in these cabins complains loud enough.

I wonder if someone can give the location of the blocked views on the other m-class ships.

Thanks to all of you for your help! My TA contacted Celebrity and was, of course, assurred that the window washer was not "permanently" parked outside this room. However, to be on the safe side, she has moved us to room 8135. We will continue to monitor the room availability to see if anything else opens up as the Summit is completely full in the CC class at this time.

Believe me, they don't want to have to deal with me if I got on board and it was an obstructed.view. I can really show *****, well you get the point! :)

Thanks again!

I am sure you can deal with it, but it's a long uphill struggle and you really don't want that for a vacation and afterwards. I have been informed now by my TA that they are also offering us certificates towards another cruise - a month after the beginning of our cruise and too many e-mails, letters and phone calls later.

Archived