New Years Cruise - what do you get

I am booked on the Voyager sailing 30 December. I am sure anyone that has booked a holiday cruise has found that the prices are almost double any other time of year (yes, there are exceptions). But a JS at almost $8000.00 for four is high. I am wondering what the cruiseline provides for the several thousand dollar difference - better food - free alcohol? I realize everything is more expensive that time of year as I have gone to Las Vegas over New Years and hotel prices triple as a minimum. I also realize I can take it or leave it as the sailings immedaitely before Christmas and after New Years are half the price.

I am booked on the Voyager sailing 30 December. I am sure anyone that has booked a holiday cruise has found that the prices are almost double any other time of year (yes, there are exceptions). But a JS at almost $8000.00 for four is high. I am wondering what the cruiseline provides for the several thousand dollar difference - better food - free alcohol? I realize everything is more expensive that time of year as I have gone to Las Vegas over New Years and hotel prices triple as a minimum. I also realize I can take it or leave it as the sailings immedaitely before Christmas and after New Years are half the price.

The only extras yu get would be free champagne at midnight on new years eve and a new years eve party on the promenade. The ship will still have holiday decorations. Supply and demand dictates the price, not just the amenities.

Archived