Sheraton Moorea

MaggieS

Quick question for those of you who have stayed at the Sheraton Moorea. We have an over water bungalow reserved for April 2008. What is the snorkle equipment that is supplied in the room like? Were you comfortable snorkling off of your bungalow? Did you see any sharks? Don't know if I should try to bring my own equipment or not. Am not an experienced snorkler but would like to try it as long as there are no sharks. Sorry but it's been a deep phobia since early childhood and is totally unfounded BUT it's there.

Thanks for any info.

I don't recall seeing any fins, but there was a mask and snorkle in the room. I would still bring your own. The water is shallow there, so for a beginner, it's ideal. As far as sharks are concerned, we did see small reef tips, but only at the bar area by the bungalows when they were feeding them in the late afternoon. Remember, those sharks don't like people and will do their best to steer clear of you, so no worries. Throw a little bread in the water and see all types of beautifully colored fish appear out of nowhere! It's fabulous!!

Archived