Honeymoon ideas?

Hi everyone!

I am new to this site but I thought someone here may be able to answer a question. I am cruising on RCCL "Brilliance of the Seas" this October. This trip will be our honeymoon! Yay!!!!!! :D :D :D

I am wondering if there are any suggestions anyone could give me on how to make this a super special trip? I know for sure that our friends are decorating the room for us and I requested a table for 2 at dinner. But I thought there were probably a whole lot of other things that I could probably do, but haven't thought of yet. We booked a balcony room - maybe they would let us upgrade if the ship isn't totally full?

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

I think your best bet for something romantic will be in Venice. It is the most romantic place I've ever been.

Go on a gondola ride and then have a romantic dinner in a quaint little Trattoria.

In Rome, you could go for a carriage ride.

I would suggest you spend a few days in Barcelona before your cruise and relax. A Med cruise is very port intensive and exhausting.

Have a wonderful Honeymoon.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Good idea to ask for some suggestions

First, be sure to let your travel agent (if you used one) and also the ship know that this is your honeymoon. I don't know about RCCL but Celebrity has a little reception with free cake and champagne for people celebrating a wedding or anniversary. It was FREE and actually quite nice. Maybe you TA will take the hint and have some champagne waiting for you in your room. ;)

Why not treat yourselves and preorder a tray of chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne, or something decadent like a big box of chocolates and have them waiting for you upon arrival? Check what's available thru the on line gift section where all kinds of goodies are available.You might find some specials geared for honeymooners. Maybe buy a couple of the extra think and fancy terry bathrobes.( Just be aware that they will take up a ton of room in your suitcases!!)

Also, check out the spa services on line and see if you can reserve a couples massage or some kind of couples spa treatment for an at sea day.

I hope you booked a a couple days extra ( at LEAST!!) in the beginning and end of your cruise. It's probably too late to change your plans now. BUT, if you have time, how about having your portrait done together by a street artist in charcoal while in Barcelona? A very cool souviner. Be sure to bring an arm load of fresh flowers from the street market onboard in Barcelona for your cabin. I'm sure your cabin attendent can lend you a vase. I was told you can bring the flowers ON the ship but never OFF. Absolutely positively go for a gondola ride in Venice!!!

Take TWO cameras so you can both take lots pictures for that special memory book you will want to make someday of your fabulous honeymoon !!!

MG

Archived