Maui to Honalulu air

TAXLADYOKC

We are sailing out of Honolulu but got to use air passes to Maui.

Need help on booking Hawaiian Air or Aloha? Or what?

Our flight is due to arrive at OGG at 6:45 pm on Friday Sept 21. There are several flights for $39 to $59. My concern is what time to book? And if we arrive late or how much time to gather our luggage and check in.

Can time be switched without penalties?

I tried to talk with someone at Hawaiian air. She said just wait and book after we arrive. This worried me and she was in Phillipines so I am not sure if that is a correct assumption.

I tried to book as if I was needing to book tonight or this Friday and flights are same price and plenty of seats. So will someone reply to let me know if just waiting to purchase until we are at Maui to purchase?

We will need 3 seats and need to get to Honolulu the same night.

Thanks,

Karin in Oklahoma

Hi,

your options might be limited, as both Hawaiian and Aloha's last flights of the day leave very soon after your mainland flight arrives, I believe there is less than a "legal" layover time. You might want to check out GO Airlines, which is a new interisland airline run by Mesa Airlines; they have the latest interisland flights between HNL and OGG, but they fly into a seperate terminal away from the main HNL building. Good luck!

What time are the last flights from Maui to Honolulu? You need to have at least 75 minutes between flights because your luggage will not be checked through. You'll have to get it, check it, and go through security again. Assuming nothing at all delays you in any way and that your luggage comes out quickly and that there's not a huge check in line, etc., you could make an 8:00 pm flight, but I'd be sweating bullets the whole time. Is there any way at all that you can come in earlier or fly to HNL instead of OGG with your passes? If there's a flight 8:30 or later, then you really need to book that one. The worst that could happen is that you'd be off your mainland flight and ready to go earlier than you expected.

There are very cheap inter-island prices available much of the time. I'd book the flights now; last minute fares are usually pretty high. If you call in advance to change your date or routing, then you usually pay a penalty, but we've moved flight times when it's the same route and same day without penalty--and that assumes that the flight is not sold out. You never know.

beachchick

Archived