Driver--Rome to Airport

Does anyone have the name of a driver that I can use from our hotel in Rome to the airport? I used someone a few years ago to the port, but I just can't remember his name. We have a 10:00 a.m. flight out of FCO. From what I've heard about lines to check in and clear security, we'll need to get there three hours early. We're staying at the Hotel Mozart and on their web site they say that one of their services is a driver to FCO for 53 Euro. I've emailed them twice asking them to reserve a driver for us but have received no response. I'm afraid to try and get a taxi at 6:30 a.m. Thanks for any information.

Joan

When I was in Rome earlier this year we used Pino Gassi. You can reach him at 00369 340 826 5633 or by contacting Pierluigi Ristorante. I also used him to pick up my daughter's father-in-law from the airport just recently. He speaks good english, is very accomodating and reasonably priced. He drives a large four door Mercedes which can easily carry 4 people plus luggage.

Just returned from Rome after an Istanbul to Rome cruise. We were picked up at the dock and taken to the Hilton Hotel at the Rome airport. The charge was 120E, but I think the rate is lower going from central Rome to the airport. You definitely need 3 hours in the Rome airport. It was a zoo. Give your self plenty of time especially if you have a tax refund to collect. Rome cabs worked great for us.

Mary Lou

Archived