Childrens Dinner dress code ???

gsquaredstwins

I am wondering what to pack for my 8 year old son to wear to dinner on the Magic.

We typically pack him docker style shorts and polo shirts for dinner on our cruises (hes been on 12 already) as he eats with us and goes directly into camp from dinner.

This has worked well for us on other cruise lines.... but I am wondering if this will be appropriate (or even allowed) on the Disney ship. Kids dress codes are usually somewhat different than adult dress codes (or at least we have found that to be the case).

My daughter is the same age, but she is easier because she usually wears sun dresses or skorts/skirt sets to dinner which easily go right to play in the camp programs.

I really dread having to pack separate dinner attire for him (pants/shoes), as it is a lot of extra clothing that he will literally wear for 1 hour a day (and it means more suitcases which I am trying to avoid), but if I have to I will.

Thanks in advance

Gina

An 8 year old will be fine in shorts and a polo shirt. When we started cruising on DCL, our son was 8 and that is what he wore almost every night. Now that he's 13, he wears long pants (Dockers or similar) and a polo shirt.

As for going straight to the kid's program from dinner - if you have early dining, make sure you check out what the show is each night. Our son loves all the Disney shows, especially the magicians and ventriloquists.

My son has always worn long pants in the dining room on our 5 DCL cruises. First cruise he was 7 or 8 years old. He also has always worn a suit or at least a long sleeve dress shirt and tie on formal and semi-formal nights. I did notice on the med cruise that many boys (and men) wore shorts in the dining room. I hope it doesn't change to that!

UMTerp

Archived