Bringing home liquor

wpas

I can't remember, but it seems like on our last (1st) cruise we brought home our liquor in a box, not in our luggage. I thought that RCCL packed it up for us and we just checked it with the rest of our luggage. I'm I dreaming or did this really happen? I really don't remember putting it in our luggage, and worrying about the luggage weight. This must be a senior moment and I'm still in the 1st half of the century.

Airline rules require you to pack it in your checked luggage.

We had a bottle break on us on our cruise in January. We had it bagged in ziploc bags so the damage was minimal; however, we still lost the liquer. Make sure you take some bubble wrap and make sure the bottle is packed in the center of your clothes to give it as much cushion as possible.

I would not recommend you set that box of liquor outside your cabin along with your luggage. Do you really think it will be waiting for you at the luggage pick-up? You cannot carry it on the airplane since it is more than 3oz. The Miami airport has 10 tons of confiscated carry on liquor.

The Miami airport has 10 tons of confiscated carry on liquor.

THAT would make for a pretty decent party!

Another senior moment here - seems I heard on the radio a couple months ago they were considering relaxing those rules a bit? Can't imagine they would do that at this point, but boy it sure would be nice! On the same report (on WTOP radio in D.C.) they mentioned cigarette lighters were going to be allowed on planes again. Did I imagine all that?

We used to like buying a box of liquor each cruise to keep our bar stocked.

I thought I remebered checking it, but was not sure. It seems everything I read says you have to put it in your luggage and worry about being over weight. If I can just check it as I would a piece of luggage it eliminates the weight problem. Thanks for your help.

I thought I remebered checking it, but was not sure. It seems everything I read says you have to put it in your luggage and worry about being over weight. If I can just check it as I would a piece of luggage it eliminates the weight problem. Thanks for your help.

Last March we cruised the Caribbean and bought our limit for alcohol.

It was packaged nice and secure in 2 boxes saying "airline approved" but

when we arrived at the airport US Airway said no way. In line at the airline ticket counter we were stuffing 6 bottles in our luggage. Needless to say the bottles made it home safe. I would check with your airline first to be on the safe side.

Odd question here...

We were asked to pick up a bottle of rum for my SIL from our trip. But DH and I don't drink at all.

We're going to Labaee, Ocho Rios, Geore Town, Cozumel and was hoping that someone can tell us were to get a good bottle of rum (brand name), what port and were at in that port, please ^_^

Also, will the ship mail things like that for us (we are flying home and I REALLY don't want to chance having it brake in the luggage).

Thanks for any info ^_^

Archived